Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Earwicker posted:

sure and that explains Philip just throwing on a cowboy hat in Kentucky, but the airline pilot one barely looks like a real person, like it just looks like a dude with a bad fake mustache, and that one is used close to home

People actually looked like that in the Eighties, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They catch the American because his documents are flawless forgeries—except that they use staples made of stainless steel.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Henchman of Santa posted:

This show will end with Martha bringing down leading the Soviet Union.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Number Ten Cocks posted:

1989: Paige kills her illegal parents on federal land, credits roll.

2017: (post credits scene) Paige is released from prison after receiving a presidential pardon.

You have it backwards.

2017 POTUS posthumously pardons the Russian agents and awards them the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Paige gets the chair.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I think there’s a good chance Stan would just break down.

He’s a wreck.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Longbaugh01 posted:

That episode where Matthew shows them they can hook the computer up to the TV made me warm and fuzzy, but I also can't remember how that worked even though we did that once too.

Many early home computers had RF or composite video out built‐in.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Mischa’s bougie appetite will be the end of him.

The poison is in the stevia.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Wouldn't the pins all just drag a single-file line in the soot across the edge of the key?

You jiggle the key and look at the lateral marks made by the pins.

Sooting a key blank works, but it’s a trial‐and‐error technique. After sooting the key and jiggling it in the lock, Elizabeth would have to take the marked blank to somewhere private, and file down any position on the key that has lateral scratches. Repeat at least five times.

e: Impressioning manual. It talks about using a lot of force and scratching the brass itself, but with the aid of soot, you can make more visible marks with less force.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 14, 2017

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

GobiasIndustries posted:

If I don't like the first episode of Patriot, does it change at all going forward? I've tried watching the first episode 3 times now and it just bores me to death. It seems like a well produced show, just maybe not my cup of tea.

I think if the pilot doesn’t hook you, move on.

Not true for every show, but true for Patriot.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Martha’s flat is huge.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
We know Tuan is good at math because he’s Asian. :rolleye:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Why all the cloak & dagger with the photo developing tools?

The contents of the film are sensitive, but it’s not illegal to have a home darkroom.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Golli posted:

I could definitely see P&E giving the Centre enough ammo to have Pastor Tim have an unfortunate burro accident in Nicaragua while traveling to his new job.

Sometimes people just get lost and run out of fuel. It happens.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Killing Nazi collaborators is fine with me.

The man didn’t deserve to die but his blood is on his wife’s hands for lying for so long in an attempt to save her own skin.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
loving Tuan.

Even if was a good plan—and I’m not saying it was—you’ve got to run it by your comrades.

:commissar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

So what's the deal with the hockey playing fiance guy? Is he just naive or working with the Russians or are we not supposed to know yet?

Beeman and Aderholt don’t know what to make of him, and I don’t think the audience knows anything they don’t.

• Locked thread