Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

I don't think we're done with Mischa. He didn't fly all the way to the US just to meet an old man who's telling him to shut up and go home. I don't think he's going to go home quiet and willingly, and Gabriel can't exactly kill him+fold him up into a suitcase and send him home that way.
I expect Mischa is going to start literally going to every single travel agency he can find, until he finds Phil. He was the capstone of S4, and I am expecting his story to be kind of central to the outcome of this season.

From there either (a) he finds Phil, or (b) someone calls the feds because "Hey, a Russian kid is going around to travel agencies looking for his dad!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Pontius Pilate posted:

Rewatched the most recent episode with my parents and they both immediately said spy! regarding Indiana University/U of I and they're not the most careful or critical TV viewers. Both my brother and I went to the real U of I though so that helps but the staff writers obviously write deliberately and it's hard to believe none of them are from the Midwest or familiar with the IU/U of I/Iowa abbreviating tradition. Plus why introduce the character if she isn't a spy? I'm having difficulty imagining ways in which she's relevant but just a normal person. Her conversations with him seem as if she's prodding for information but we've seen that's also just normal when an SO can't say very much about their job.

tldr stan gf spy
I had the same reaction, but ... I really think a writer mistake is way more likely. People gently caress that up all the time. And it's not likely a spy would make such a stupid error

Or I guess it's not totally impossible she was talking about some kind of road trip considering they're like 3 hours apart and just made a clumsy segue.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Boarding school! It's the ultimate "Where's Henry?" excuse. I'm kind of surprised P&E aren't jumping at the opportunity.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

banned from Starbucks posted:

paige is gonna hang herself with the punching bag rope
Definitely some Chekov's Convenient Noose stuff going on.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I really enjoyed this season. :smith:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Henchman of Santa posted:

I liked the hole
Me too. I thought it was a great, tense scene.

Hell, I liked the season. I think getting back to spy stuff was necessary before the finish.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I could have sworn there was a scene where Gabriel gave him some weed, but I might have dreamt it.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
drat I can't wait for this show to come back. Thanks for reminding me to re-watch S6; I have a feeling it will pace better with binge-watching than it did week to week.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
The showrunners sat down for an interview with AVClub. They go into some details on the way the season starts and how the themes are going to go, so if you want to be as unspoilered as possible, you might want to skip it.

https://www.avclub.com/the-americans-showrunners-picked-an-ending-early-and-t-1823890420

Also:
MAIL ROBOT CONFIRMED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Cojawfee posted:

Does he really have that goofy accent?
Yeah, he's Welsh. That's his actual voice.

The actress who played Martha was from over the pond, too.

• Locked thread