Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

when she appeared I was like Oh I guess this actress is part of the main cast still, and they're going to work her back into the show after a season in the USSR. Pretty shocking how it ended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

precision posted:

Jennings 2020
I would vote for Elizabeth Jennings.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The last few seasons have had a lot of good moments of Henry being like a more lowkey AJ Soprano-style gently caress up, and I really enjoyed it. Seems like this season he's almost never there and they're always calling attention to his absence by making up an excuse for it

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I just remembered when Elizabeth was having passionate sex with that hotel guy. That went nowhere after the mission I guess, kind of weird, it seemed like a plot thread

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

hatelull posted:

However, his son is technically AWOL I guess? That could cause problems, and Gabriel will definitely find it problematic.
I think Gabriel helped him get called back from Afghanistan which people who knew the kid found odd, because how is this nobody getting brought home. So I don't think he's AWOL from the Soviet army but he's an illegal immigrant in the US obviously. Anyway iirc he doesn't know who his dad is, his mom only told him he runs a real estate agency, but she did give him contacts and money and stuff to get him to the US

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I seem to recall at one point after Brezhnev died his son-in-law got popped for corruption. With the guy in Oleg's investigation moaning about how high it goes and how he'll be dead if he spills, I wonder if they'll tie that real life of history in here. In the show universe, the traitor Gorbachev is the Gen Sec now right? I recall a scene where they put up in the Russian Embassy a couple portraits that very quickly came down so I guess we're past Andropov/Chernenko interlude? I don't remember for certain.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Number Ten Cocks posted:

They discussed the famous '86 Winter Olympics in the first episode.
I'm looking it up and I think the Winter Olympics were 84 and 88?

Brezhnev's son-in-law got arrested some time around Feb '87
http://articles.latimes.com/1987-02-04/news/mn-510_1_interior-minister

Gorbachav's revisionism kicked into extra high gear post 1987. Even if the show doesn't continue through the fall of the Soviet Union it would be interesting to see Elizabeth's reaction to perestroika and glasnost spinning out of control.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

CBJSprague24 posted:

The Tuan dynamic is weird to me because P&E have to wear disguises and adopt the airline crew story, but he knows they aren't who they say they are and goes along with them (the faked "I know, 'the Communists did awful things to my country and why would I help them?'" story of his own from one of the first episodes).
That's because they're all running the same cover together (airline crew that adopted Vietnamese kid).

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Slashrat posted:

I think P&E were genuinely trying to get Pastor Tim a job somewhere. They specifically asked Claudia about the possibility of that in the episode. I don't think that is going to change either at this point for pragmatic reasons (messier and it might break Paige's trust), but getting the pastor's honest opinion that he thought they were abusing Paige in the worst of ways definitely shook them.
Yeah that's where I'm at. Tim is literally going to be sent to South America so the Jennings family can avoid thinking about the heavy, brutal observations he's making in his journal. Fwiw I think he's being hyperbolic

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

They should abduct this potential Nazi lady and check her backstory

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I hate when people put like a color filter over the camera lens, like in the movie Traffic where wow Mexico is yellow, that was extremely hacky and here it's more subtle but they seem to put a dark tint or blue over all the USSR scenes.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Henchman of Santa posted:

I didn't realize Paige had her license and assumed she was looking to dispense a Death Wish style rear end-kicking.
The parking lot definitely looked familiar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's the lot where Elizabeth killed the guy
yeah that's what I meant! :)

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is Stan's girlfriend "one of them" or not?
I'm thinking yes after she talked him into staying in his division

• Locked thread