Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
stan is such a chipper sad sack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

People actually looked like that in the Eighties, though.

the most anachronistic thing about the show is how nice everyone's actual hair is

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

hatelull posted:

e: I forget. Does Elizabeth know that he has a son?

yeah he told her i think last season or maybe the season before

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
with the pace they've set there's no real way they could do it but it'd be interesting to see what becomes of philip and elizabeth's idealism as russia becomes a hypercapitalist kleptocracy in the 90s

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Longbaugh01 posted:

Well he's not doing it from home because I don't think they have any sort of modem (even an acoustic coupler), and I think the Jennings only have one phone line and Liz and Phil would get mad if it got tied up like that because they wouldn't get their super secret spy calls...

...Though now I'm wondering about that since apparently Henry ties up the phone line talking to "Doug" (girls).

pfft, like henry hasn't figured out blue boxes already

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Claudia will offer him some Vodka "from home." The poison'll already be in the glass.

:laffo:

and after they're caught and on the run, when elizabeth asks phil why he didn't kill stan, he'll just say "we dug coal together"

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 8, 2017

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
philip and elizabeth die on the way back to their home planet leaving henry and paige to spy against each other

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TheCenturion posted:

I think Paige is getting seriously seduced into the spy game. It makes her feel powerful and in control. She sees the KGB building legends, Mom kill some fools, the parents getting Pastor Tim sent away with little or no effort, all the stories about how they're doing cool stuff for the benefit of all mankind, and she digs it.

boy is she gonna be in for a huge disappointment in a few years

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

hatelull posted:

I find it hard to buy at this stage of the game that Philip is really on board with going back home. Claudia gave them an honest opinion on how the kids would take it and reading between the lines she didn't really make it sound like an awesome fun time. Granted, she doesn't want to lose her best operatives but her words were smart and well chosen. Is defecting really not an option?

this is why i'm bummed that the show's timeline is limited to the mid-80s

philip obviously realizes that life in the us is way better for the kids than it would be back home, and in less than a decade elizabeth won't have a country to go back to

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

e: Also, I've never heard anyone say that TV has been bad over the last 10 years. It is universally agreed that the last 10 years have been just about the best 10 years in the history of television, but everyone has an opinion I suppose.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/05/how-tv-became-respectable-without-getting-better

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

kanonvandekempen posted:

This is not what the article is about, but if you watched the wire, and you still think it's a show about an 'angsty white policeman' like the writer of this article does, then you have completely and utterly missed the point.

until they backed off a little in the 4th season mcnulty was essentially the show's main protagonist. a lot more time is spent on his personal life than with any other character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

Oleg's story seemed to be him trying to make sure the system was fair for everyone. Then he realized he has a massive leg up over the people he is investigating. It's easy for him to expect people to follow the rules, because he lives with his powerful father and wants for nothing. He's preaching to people who are just trying to make ends meet in the system they are given.

oleg's story was him becoming disillusioned with the soviet system

• Locked thread