Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
just realized elizabeth jennings is... felicity.

how did i not notice this before?!

TheCenturion posted:

I think they’ll go full Miles O’Brien on Elizabeth this season. Phillip is full on disillusioned. Henry is off at fancy school. The USSR starts to crumble with things like Chernobyl. Paige dies on a mission the day before the August Revolution, rendering her death an utterly meaningless waste.

yeah, i think either the berlin wall falling or the ussr falling would be a good way to end the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

esperterra posted:

like it's basically the only thing she was known for before this show started!!

i forgot felicity existed and don't look up rando actresses on imdb normally

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Earwicker posted:

just about everyone on this show is amazing. would love to see Matthew Rhys and especially Allison Wright in higher profile work as well

the mail robot is the best character

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

mobby_6kl posted:

Great to see Liz is still murdering people, some things never change I guess.

Anyway, can't wait for this show, it's gonna own.

never knew felicity was such a bad girl

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
i mean, she is religious which is the biggest ill in the world so understandable

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Jeremy_X posted:

I'm on your watch list for outing you as an intelligence agent aren't I?

My issue is that the actress seems to only be able to be either a piece of mopey wood or flailing about wildly with outrageously outraged indignation. I try to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that's what she's told to do but I'm not sure.

My wife hates snotty kids.

Neither of us cares about the religious part of her character beyond thinking the jumps right in both legs first approach to the Christianization of the character was lame.

i mean she's 16 and it's her first acting gig.

also russians are "stoic"

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

banned from Starbucks posted:

People who never sat through 4+ seasons of loving meadow soprano ITT.

"are we in the mafia?" <-- things an idiot asks for 100 alex

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

esperterra posted:

I may be biased toward beautiful Greek women tbf

:same:

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

precision posted:

The way Paige is dressed/sexualized in the first episode when she's still, what, 13? is super period accurate and also super gross. Like people acted like girls being sexual in the 90s but it's been going on for like, ever. It's kinda hosed up.

I don’t remember what Paige wore in the first ep, but the plot line with Phillip seducing a teenager was loving creepy as hell.

Why can’t they focus on pure, innocent characters like the mail robot.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Jeremy_X posted:

For some reason I was thinking that happened in a later episode. I rewatched the mall scene and her outfit doesn't seem inappropriate to me not even when viewing it with the 80s in mind. My upbringing in the 80s was very liberal though. My sister and all my cousins wore outfits like that then and still do now so that's probably why I don't see her outfit as inappropriate or sexualized even with the literally giant leering pedophile.

I decided to rewatch in prep for the new season. Her outfit doesn't seem at all inappropriate - DC can be warm and humid, so dressing lightly + bringing a jacket for when in the AC is a pretty reasonable plan.

Also, on rewatch it's notable that less than a half hour into the first episode Phillip is joking about defecting. Foreshadowing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

At least Philip shows remorse, Elizabeth doesn't give a gently caress when she murders innocent bystanders.

maybe she moves to england in the finale

unlawfulsoup posted:

Honestly the main characters in The Americans are really really awful people. I have a hard time mustering any sympathy for them, even if they are interesting.

the mail robot is pure and good

and in all seriousness i wish theyd expound on their beliefs. they seem to just go "USA bad, USSR good" unthinkingly

• Locked thread