Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Baronash posted:

I initially took it completely differently. I don't think she was solely lamenting the loss of her possessions, but realizing that, as you said, that her environment is completely alien to the one she grew up with. She's loyal, but she's not stupid, I think part of that scene was her realizing that the Soviet Union would never feel like home to her kids.

That was my read on it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

maskenfreiheit posted:

season 5 was bad and the writers should feel bad :colbert:

Can any season with the mail robot truly be bad?

Checkmate.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Paige is a crappy and dumb teenager, like every other teenager in human history.
Her act of rebellion against her Soviet superspy atheist parents is joining a church with a dumb haircut pastor.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Kid peaked in that show when he was annoying Philip by quoting Eddy Murphy SNL skits.
This is by far my favorite Henry moment

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

We already had the best "spy responds to an older dude creeping on his teen daughter" exposure, and that was in season 1 when Philip beat the crap out of that dude and stabbed him with a barbecue fork.
This show is heavy enough for me as is without adding child molestation. The Philip/Kimmy stuff creeps me out so much, even though we viewers all know that the character is not meant to enjoy it.

Dennis McClaren posted:

I'm thinking the same thing about Agent Beeman. Does it not raise any eyebrows that a full grown man in his 40's-50's is hanging out alone in his house with a teenage boy, who I think is 14?

Strat O Matic Football is not a single-player game, you need an opponent.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

esperterra posted:

It still pains me to think GoT has won writing emmys over this show. And for the not great GoT seasons.

HBO probably sent out better goody bags

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Mischa and Oleg are going to team up and solve mysteries.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Party like it's 1987

How to bully a teen to suicide

The Beeman Cometh

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Oleg defects to watch hockey and eat hot dogs

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So can we assume that there is going to be a timeskip early in the season? Because from the preview Paige is running operations.

EW says there is.
http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/12/the-americans-season-6-teaser/

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

withak posted:

They should timeskip to 1990 and show the gang going about their normal lives, insterspersed with short flashbacks to 1988-1989.

Henry will be missing the entire time, leading everyone to speculate how Henry died.

Then he'll just show up in the final episode like he was always there. Turns out he was just hanging out with his girlfriend and being good at math the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Rhys just shouting HENRY DIES is perfect.

HENRY DIES would be a good thread title

• Locked thread