Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I thought I was bad at watching this show because I didn't really understand what was going on with Sofia until I went back and saw it wasn't really said, Stan is just trying to get info out of her. Then I saw the goon was was wondering if Tuan knows that he's working for spies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Who was that ex-spy who got approached at her car? Evgenia? Is that Phillip'a ex girlfriend from spy school?

Evgenia is Pasha's mother. The one the KGB wants to bring back to Russia to keep dating that CIA guy.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If he ever says that she needs to be saved by his divine jizz or whatever, I'm fine with him being murderlated.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Holy poo poo that assassination. That lady was forced into a lovely situation and it seems like Phillip understood what she went through and didn't want to kill her for surviving.

Fake edit: I will take one for the team and bang the new soviet source.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

TheCenturion posted:

No, as soon as they rolled up and pulled a gun on her, her fate was sealed; they couldn't take any chance whatsoever of leaving direct witnesses behind. They only reason they bothered talking to her was to try to salve their own consciences by demonstrating that she was actually guilty.

She didn't ever regurgitate any information that they didn't give her, so I'm still undecided about her actual identity.

I'm also wondering about this. Before her husband showed up, all she said was that she killed people and just parroted back what Phillip and Elizabeth said. Then when her Husband gets there, she tells a story about nazis getting her really drunk and how she killed soviet people. She didn't even give any information on who her parents were or anything else that could identify her. She just accepts she is going to die and tells a story that sounds like what they want to hear. I don't think she was who the center claimed she was.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think Phillip sees past all the "we'd be just as great if the US didn't sabotage us" BS and wants to stay as an American. Plus their whole family would fall apart back in Russia. Henry would hate it, and I think Paige would too.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought she was about to kill herself. I'm glad Phillip is thinking about how the kids would be in Russia. I don't think Henry would be able to handle it. From how it sounds, they'd bring him to Russia and say "surprise, you're Russian now and you're stuck here." That would destroy him. Especially after befriending Stan and learning about what he does at the FBI.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The Americans is going for an emmy with the first "It's technically ephebophilia" sex scene.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Oleg's story seemed to be him trying to make sure the system was fair for everyone. Then he realized he has a massive leg up over the people he is investigating. It's easy for him to expect people to follow the rules, because he lives with his powerful father and wants for nothing. He's preaching to people who are just trying to make ends meet in the system they are given.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Dennis McClaren posted:

I'm thinking the same thing about Agent Beeman. Does it not raise any eyebrows that a full grown man in his 40's-50's is hanging out alone in his house with a teenage boy, who I think is 14?

I don't think it's weird for someone to watch a neighbor's son.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

maskenfreiheit posted:

once, i found a pack of cigs sitting on a wmata bus bench and inside was like, a surprising amount of weed

That was a trap. Have fun in jail.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It turns out God was running the soviet union all along. *all along the watchtower plays*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Does he really have that goofy accent?

• Locked thread