Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I knew the Canadians had a hand in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Vindicator can't melt steel beams. :colbert:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
When the Alpha Flight member Snowbird was born, because she was half magic, Shaman had to tether her soul to the Earth in order for her to take physical form. But he hosed up, and tethered her soul specifically to Canada. So if Snowbird ever steps outside the Canadian border, she will die.

Why do you guys hate Alpha Flight? I'm only a dozen issues in, and I kinda love it. It's just so goofy. Between Alpha Flight and Letterkenny, I think I'm becoming a weeaboo but for Canada instead of Japan

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mapleboo

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why do you guys hate Alpha Flight? I'm only a dozen issues in, and I kinda love it. It's just so goofy. Between Alpha Flight and Letterkenny, I think I'm becoming a weeaboo but for Canada instead of Japan

Byrne's run is actually pretty solid, aside from Byrneisms like his :airquote:subtle:airquote: signalling that Northstar is gay. After he leaves it pretty much falls apart, and Bill Mantlo's run is absolutely the worst thing he ever wrote, saying that as a fan btw. It's worth looking at for the Mike Mignola art though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's hosed that Namor is banging Marina even though she's like 16, but that's Namor I guess

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Guy Goodbody posted:

When the Alpha Flight member Snowbird was born, because she was half magic, Shaman had to tether her soul to the Earth in order for her to take physical form. But he hosed up, and tethered her soul specifically to Canada. So if Snowbird ever steps outside the Canadian border, she will die.
So theoretically, couldn't Canada get around that by declaring her to be a walking embassy and that any physical space currently occupied by Snowbird is Canadian sovereign territory? I feel like an issue of She-Hulk could have fun with that.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's hosed that Namor is banging Marina even though she's like 16, but that's Namor I guess

NAMOR'S LAW IS MARITIME LAW, ALL THE TIME

I don't actually know if that's how maritime law works, I'm just thinking of old comedy bits

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

END ME SCOOB posted:

NAMOR'S LAW IS MARITIME LAW, ALL THE TIME

I don't actually know if that's how maritime law works, I'm just thinking of old comedy bits

That's my he's got that gold belt at the top of his Speedo.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Skwirl posted:

That's my he's got that gold belt at the top of his Speedo.

Oh man. You're making me imagine a sovcit superhero now and that sounds like the kind of thing that could make for a good joke character.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Every issue he fights a new electricity-based villain who knocks him unconscious.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ehaboo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Vindicator can't melt steel beams. :colbert:

giggle

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

joehonkie posted:

Claremont Zone

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Yo, does anyone have any those plastic Green Lantern rings they were giving out a couple years ago laying around? My kids and I have been playing Green Lantern lately and I wanna get us rings of our own, but they are going for like 7 bucks each on Amazon. I'm down to pay shipping and a few bucks for the rings, but not 7 + 6 shipping that it'll be there.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I miiiiiight have them around somewhere. I'll have to look around.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

omnibobb posted:

Yo, does anyone have any those plastic Green Lantern rings they were giving out a couple years ago laying around? My kids and I have been playing Green Lantern lately and I wanna get us rings of our own, but they are going for like 7 bucks each on Amazon. I'm down to pay shipping and a few bucks for the rings, but not 7 + 6 shipping that it'll be there.

I made a Green Lantern battery using the instructions here for my niece. She wasn't too impressed but your son might be. It was quite easy to make and I didn't really use everything recommended.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

omnibobb posted:

I've got one somewhere, I'll see if I can find it. PM me your address and I'll ship it off if/when I come across it.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Lightning Lord posted:

Lone Wolvie and Chris

This is fantastic and I'm so happy to have had it introduced to my life.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

redbackground posted:

I've got one somewhere, I'll see if I can find it. PM me your address and I'll ship it off if/when I come across it.

don't have PMs, can you email me? it's my username @gmail.com

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

omnibobb posted:

Rhyno? I'll check my shop. Probably no greens, but I'll see.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've got three yellow, one black, one blue and one indigo.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
One of my local comic shops has a huge box of Legion flight rings because nobody wants a Legion flight ring.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

omnibobb posted:

don't have PMs, can you email me? it's my username @gmail.com

Ring found, email sent.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

redbackground posted:

Ring found, email sent.

Youre a good person.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

joehonkie posted:

One of my local comic shops has a huge box of Legion flight rings because nobody wants a Legion flight ring.

I do.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

I stand corrected.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

joehonkie posted:

Wtf! I want a Legion flight ring!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I have a Legion flight ring.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I think I might have some extra Legion flight rings too, they were a Heroclix object but made inexplicably as full-size wearable rings, so I got two, one for the game and one to wear. And then I inherited the leftover stuff when that venue folded and I'm pretty sure there's a bunch of Legion rings.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Flight rings were a pack in way back in the original DC Direct LOSH figures. They later released an updated version for some convention special and then when the LOSH series that debuted after Johns "Superman and the Legion" arc they made them available in bags of 50. I think we still have a handful of those at the store.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I have a Flash ring, it comes in handy when I get lazy about the laundry.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I want onnnnnnnnnneeeeeee!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I want a flight ring

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I want an Oompa Loompa. Now!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gavok posted:

I want Gavok's Oompa Loompa!

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

RandallODim posted:

This is fantastic and I'm so happy to have had it introduced to my life.

:hfive:

joehonkie posted:

I want to be Giffen-era Mon-El so yes I would like one, even though I wouldn't need it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gavok posted:

Looks like we've got a bad egg here, folks!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Looks I'll be able to get this week's comics tomorrow. Made a mistake and saw that I get paid today instead of next week, so I shouldn't be late on getting new comics anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Omnibobb, your GL ring is in the mail.

• Locked thread