Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
legsarerequired
Dec 31, 2007
College Slice
Instead of getting a permanent brick-and-mortar store, I would just do temporary pop-ups and table at festivals and events.

My city has a pop-up used book store that focuses on lesbian-centric zines/books/etc. The owner sells at cost, but I still rarely see anyone buying books--I admit that my main motivation is that it's one of the few lesbian-focused places in my city that doesn't serve alcohol. They do one-day pop shops at book festivals, rent tables at LGBT events, sometimes table at coffee shops and indie bookstores with the owner's permission, etc. The owners just set up cheap plastic shelves, put out their books, and spend an afternoon talking to people about books and politics. It's pretty much a weekend thing because the owners have to keep their day jobs, but I guess they really enjoy what they do, and maybe doing pop-ups is something you could consider before jumping into renting a storefront.

legsarerequired fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread