Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Thank you for posting this thread, queserasera! And thanks to everyone who has participated so far. I'm trying a new thing in BFC where the megathreads will largely remain unstickied but I'll sticky interesting smaller threads to give them a signal boost.

I'm unstickying now but I hope this keeps rolling along. Good work BFC :respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

This is normally the kind of thing I would send via PM, but because I'm still relatively new I think there's value in posting my thinking publicly so people can see where I stand on this sort of thing.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

You should try camgirling for a year or two to build up capital and research the market.

You say made this joke towards BFC superstar Slow Motion. Without seeing the exact context, that was probably fine! Why is it not fine in this case? Here are a couple thoughts:
1) Slow Motion was a multi-month fuckup who kept ignoring good advice over and over. In contrast, this thread is on its second page. I'm guessing you took a little longer to drop that joke on SloMo than you did here.
2) Upon reading your post, queserasera would have no way of knowing that you've made this joke towards a male poster before. I'm guessing it would feel pretty misogynistic and pointed, even if your intent is to make this joke towards people of all genders.

cis autodrag posted:

So then your defense is that you think sex work is funny?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hi, welcome to BFC! :wave: I can appreciate you parachuting in because you saw something problematic. Thank you for saying that it's not humorous to tell a woman seeking financial advice to become a prostitute and for reporting the post. That would have been a good place to leave things, though. This is not the venue to have a long drawn-out fight about it. Respond once, report if need be, and move on.

pig slut lisa fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 14, 2017

• Locked thread