Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

queserasera posted:

I'm depressed because I didn't get into grad school. [...] sounds too doable. What am I not considering? Why shouldn't I do this?

quote:

I'm depressed because I didn't get into grad school.

quote:

It's a college town.

What books can you possibly sell in enough volume and at a high enough price that you'll reliably make rent on your brick & mortar store that a college student can't get for way loving cheaper on Amazon? College towns are the central locations of all ridiculous "indie" business ideas and the book industry is an ancient one. If nobody has an indie book store open in your town already, it's because it can't stay open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

quote:

Can you talk more about what equipment you think you need? Bookshelves, payment processing, places to sit... I'm sure I'm missing stuff.

If she decides to do any food or drink stuff, this is just a placeholder reminder: food service permits. Pretty sure you're stuck with at least some kind of application even if it's just tea and cookies.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

wtf is wrong with you

I was wondering about that. I had to go back and re-read the thread thinking I'd missed something.

Nope, it's just creep factor out of nowhere.

• Locked thread