Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Lazy_Liberal posted:

the new taylor swift one i'm pretty sure

hot take, but I don't think we should allow Tay-Tay to date and subsequently have messy breakups with grade schoolers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Dark lol

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
E: poo poo how did this get here

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Amphigory posted:

Haha, I was just talking about that to the missus the other day

When I was 7 or 8 my primary school teacher went round the the class asking people to name dinosaurs beginning with a letter

When she got to me she said "p" and I proudly shouted "pterodactyl" and SHE loving EVISCERATED ME IN FRONT OF THE CLASS

I can genuinely still remember every second of it and it was 35 years ago

Your teacher was like "I'm gong to show this Ptard who's boss"

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

How could I forget

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That poor recess lady

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
Even if the pterodactyl was a dinosaur you'd still be wrong, because pachycephalosaurus is the fuckin best, it's got a built-in helmet and should be used whenever possible.

Micropachycephalosaurus is even better, if it's still a separate species. There was contention at one point.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

Even if the pterodactyl was a dinosaur you'd still be wrong, because pachycephalosaurus is the fuckin best, it's got a built-in helmet and should be used whenever possible.

Micropachycephalosaurus is even better, if it's still a separate species. There was contention at one point.

Parasaurolophus, you fucker

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pachycephalosaurus was pretty cool but also kinda looked like the kid who needed to wear a helmet on the playground.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Brontosauruses are the best dinosaurs. :colbert:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Birds are cooler than dinosaurs. That's why birds are still around and dinosaurs aren't.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Heath posted:

Birds are cooler than dinosaurs. That's why birds are still around and dinosaurs aren't.

Of course birds are cooler. You can't get any hotter than the dinosaurs did at the end.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Brachosaurs can cast Ultima :c00lbert:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Stoatbringer posted:

Brontosauruses are the best dinosaurs. :colbert:

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I keep a flock of literal dinosaurs in my backyard. You can just do that. One of them keeps trying to eat mushrooms that are just around in the yard though, and that’s not ideal

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

The Demilich posted:

Your teacher was like "I'm gong to show this Ptard who's boss"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Facebook Aunt posted:

Milk isn't water, it's food. It curdles and turns into like cottage cheese in your stomach. Big guy has more than peeing to worry about.

Just like pee is stored in the sack, poo poo is stored in the back

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
More of a BSS thing but I don't post in there so I'll do it here

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

I noticed that too in the trailer and I cackled like a swamp witch.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Rob Liefeld is a comic book artist famously bad at drawing feet

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
The shop is named after a guy named Liefeld, who is a comic book artist who sucks at drawing in general, and sucks at drawing feet especially.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh I thought I was supposed to be looking at how they were walking, like they were doing a virgin/chad meme or something.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Pfft, who needs to draw feet? Tactical Pouches are where it's at.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
I know the "Liefeld is a terrible artist" meme is basically intractable on the internet at this point, but the dude absolutely can draw feet, but has always had a very niche style he likes to draw comics with that tends to not draw attention to the feet. The guy has had a very interesting career that goes far beyond the same couple of panels people always post, and if anyone is interested, you can actually learn about it here.

Stoatbringer posted:

Wasn’t he also the creator of Deadpool?

Yes, the store is more likely a homage to Deadpool's creator than a dig at Liefeld.

Anonymous Zebra has a new favorite as of 22:56 on Apr 22, 2024

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Anonymous Zebra posted:

I know the "Liefeld is a terrible artist" meme is basically intractable on the internet at this point, but the dude absolutely can draw feet, but has always had a very niche style he likes to draw comics with that tends to not draw attention to the feet. The guy has had a very interesting career that goes far beyond the same couple of panels people always post, and if anyone is interested, you can actually learn about it here.

Yes, the store is more likely a homage to Deadpool's creator than a dig at Liefeld.

Not familiar with comics really, I searched "Liefeld, bad artist, feet," and it the results were so meme-saturated that I walk away thinking Liefeld probably can draw feet just fine and dummies making dumb memes are just doing their thing.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Yes, which is why it's so ridiculous when people clown on him for being bad at drawing feet when there's a perfectly cromulent reason right there.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Stoatbringer posted:

Eh, he created Deadpool in that he designed the character but isn't responsible for anything that people actually like about Wade.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Anonymous Zebra posted:

It can be both, but I would point out the store is called "Liefeld's Just Feet" and uses two large footprints as its logo.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/kl15LyL.mp4

Liverpool.mp4

(unmute)

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Anonymous Zebra posted:

Was hoping the link was to an article :smith:

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Yeah, sorry, should have mentioned it was a video.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's ok, just an old person's general lament

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Anonymous Zebra posted:

Like I said, the same couple panels get posted over and over.

Maybe next time post one of them? It's the "funny pictures thread" after all. :shrug:

Barometer has a new favorite as of 00:06 on Apr 23, 2024

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Like I said, the same couple panels get posted over and over.

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.
The Deadpool movies have razzed Rob Liefeld from the very beginning. The first shot of the first movie is a guy doing Rob Liefeld's inexplicable dead-guy-with-his-mouth-open face, followed immediately by a coffee cup with "Rob L." written on it. And later Deadpool makes a joke about superhero creators who can't draw feet.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Rob Liefeld has a cameo in the 1st Deadpool movie too.

I first got into reading comics in the early 90's and Liefeld's run on X-Force was a big part of it. Met him at Megacon in Orlando ages ago and in person he's pretty nice.

While I matured in my aesthetic tastes I'll never fully poo poo on Liefeld.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The super-teammate auditions in the second movie looked like they were just doing Comic SWAT. Like just adapting it in the script

Shatterstar showed up and I was like NO loving WAY LMAO

e: loool

quote:

Zack: I like how he was raised by condors yet he becomes a US Senator. I wish the real senate worked like that. I would like to see Joe Biden suddenly try to take Tom DeLay's eyes out with his razor sharp talons.

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 00:25 on Apr 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

yeah liefeld is not a great artist but everything I’ve ever heard about him paints him as super nice and utterly gobsmacked that he got to work with his personal heroes