Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Deteriorata posted:

I only get internet memes with four pictures.

This is your loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Son of Rodney posted:

Manga is read right to left, as the first panel is, but the two panels only make sense left to right. I sure hope someone was fired from this blunder.

Manga is not read at all unless you are a degenerate suckling on a degenerate art form. It makes sense that things would be lost in translation because anyone qualified to do it has better things to do.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
It's got combinatory value, if it was the Simpsons someone would've had a proper meltdown already.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Desert Bus posted:

Manga is not read at all unless you are a degenerate suckling on a degenerate art form. It makes sense that things would be lost in translation because anyone qualified to do it has better things to do.

Shut up.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

See you need to know about Manga so it's at least three things. Possibly more to find!

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Zesty posted:

Two things. You'd have to have seen two things. Ugh aren't I so loving elite and better than everyone else who doesn't know two stupid things? Better keep posting the same bullshit every minute so everyone else knows I'm in on the two things.

I have no idea what it means. It looks familiar but gently caress if I know what is going on outside of the The Enigma of Amigara Fault ref. Internet people can feel superior to me if it validates them.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
That comic sucked. Everyone seems to love it but it was just kind of dumb. I'll take my internet edgelord contrarian points now, thanks.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

syntaxfunction posted:

That comic sucked. Everyone seems to love it but it was just kind of dumb. I'll take my internet edgelord contrarian points now, thanks.

No this is good to know.

and it seems less like "internet edgelord contrarian points" and more like "settle down it's just a drawing"

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

No you bitch.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Desert Bus posted:

^
chump opinion

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Manga is not read

IT IS LIVED
:sheathes masamune blade:

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

syntaxfunction posted:

I mean, I always thought that most of its internet meme-ability comes from the fact that it's goofy and weird and stupid. Especially the "DRR DRR DRR" part.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

chumpsland you son of a bitch

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Yeah, who could ever vibe with the existential dread of making a permanent life choice and being forced through it even after you realize that it slowly alters and warps you until you're nothing like the person at the beginning?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sentient Data posted:

Yeah, who could ever vibe with the existential dread of making a permanent life choice and being forced through it even after you realize that it slowly alters and warps you until you're nothing like the person at the beginning?

Post/username

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

Not me, I just make the right choices.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I’m sorry caused all this, I just though the mashup was funny (didint care about the text over it)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It was pretty funny and the tweet sentiment does seem valid at first blush

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

credburn posted:

I've seen people post the first image but I'm not sure what it's referencing :confused:

edit: I mean some variation of the first image

edit 2: it's never been funny though.

It wasn't made for you. :colbert:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://x.com/socialactavis/status/1771554454694732258?s=46&t=v69FFc9gmilk6I-vYnAGzw

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Velocity Raptor posted:

It wasn't made for you. :colbert:

One day I'll find something that was :(

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Sentient Data posted:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I am going to find the hole that was made for me and disappear inside it forever.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Karate Bastard posted:

I am going to find the hole that was made for me and disappear inside it forever.

Like Ouroboros that instead of eating its tail is sticking its head in its arse

Ouranuburanus

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

You're being sold a lie, sheeple! The holes are generic! Nobody bothered to make one tailored to you! You're just not that important. You want to crawl into a hole, any one of them will do.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Karate Bastard posted:

I think third eye blind had a famous song about this kind of thing

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Nah it's not what you think, like it's not dirty, anus just translates to butthole.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Yeah I have Assburgers so what

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

The real curse is that the original blocks going in the square hole video didn't have that woman on it. The guy who shot the video posted it, then that woman just stole his video, put her face on it, and got millions more views than he ever got. Someone does a stupid, over-acted reaction to a video and gets all the credit and presumably, the ad money. gently caress reaction content.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Master Twig posted:

The real curse is that the original blocks going in the square hole video didn't have that woman on it. The guy who shot the video posted it, then that woman just stole his video, put her face on it, and got millions more views than he ever got. Someone does a stupid, over-acted reaction to a video and gets all the credit and presumably, the ad money. gently caress reaction content.

She made it better, sorry

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
No it's just a lovely reaction video :colbert:

https://i.imgur.com/PiLLCQP.mp4

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Master Twig posted:

There is no reason to be this mad about a silly meme

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

pik_d posted:

There is no reason to be this mad about a silly meme
he's right though

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted: