Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
I saved this in case somebody online wants to argue that republicans don't complain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

The MSJ posted:

Most people just call him Toblerone.

This picture made me so happy I almost cried. (My giving up junk food for Lent may have been a bad idea.)

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQg8JKo_3ZQ

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Thos women have something wrong with their backs. :ohdear:

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

cat

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
There's a Mexican place that has the most AMAZING single-payer tacos. Oh my God. I have to go back there soon, I haven't been there in ages.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Rad Lieutenant posted:

(the same picture)
Yup, that's where I got it. Good detecting.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

chickie nugs for brekkie posted:

I just wanted to point out that the silver ice pop looking thing between the chocolate and crackers is a shot of 80 proof cordial. The Italians give their soldiers booze in their rations.
The Russians could provide vodka but instead give their troops RAISINS, as if war wasn't hellish enough.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

mostlygray posted:

Though some people like automation, it drives me nuts. It slows the line unless they have training sessions, it offers too many choices, and then you have to fight with the machine to pay. Self checkouts are fine but only if you used to work retail and you're quick in the line.

A human can work a checkout far faster and more efficiently. At the place I used to work, we tried doing an automated kiosk system at a Wendy's in McCarran in Las Vegas. It failed miserably. The software was good and the layout was efficient. It was just that everyone hated it. I'll never visit any restaurant that wants me to be the cashier unless they pay me for it. At $15/hour. Must be paid in the form of a check.
Man, I thought that was just me! I've stood behind plenty of cash registers and the only time I'm not through a self-checkout in less than ninety seconds is if something goes wrong and an employee has to come over and fix it. But yesterday I had to walk someone through every possible aspect of using their e-mail, including how to get on to the internet, ON THEIR OWN LAPTOP. Put that person in front of a computer with 5,000 options for a fast food order and things maybe won't go so well. (I work in a library and all librarians are constantly reminded that a lot of people out there aren't necessarily computer-literate).

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

trickybiscuits has a new favorite as of 01:00 on Apr 10, 2017

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
This looks like an 1820s Ammi Phillips portrait, and if it is, it's worth a shitton of money and has big historical and artistic value. (Source: I am a nerd)

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

TontoCorazon posted:

How is it so much money if the dude couldn't paint necks?
Long answer: Phillips was an itinerant, self-taught portraitist who was active for about fifty years. His style developed so much during that time that his work was once thought to have been done by at least three different people. Even at the start of his career his work was attractive and well-composed, and by the 1820s he was able to depict sitters' features with character and accuracy. He is considered one of the most technically adept, prolific, and downright likable American folk painters. This portrait accurately shows the early-19th-century style for tall shirt collars for men, which often dug into the chin and sometimes prevented the wearer from turning his head.
Short answer: gently caress you hitler

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

NSFW kind of http://imgur.com/5wDPXDW

trickybiscuits has a new favorite as of 10:18 on Apr 26, 2017

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
IT'S NOT SHOWING ANYTHING :mad:

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Post more pictures, you nerds

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
oh my God https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhgLEkgO0yo

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Solice Kirsk posted:

Did she say no?
God I hope so.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Tetracube posted:

I'm the homer poster

Sean Spicer literally hid in the bushes to avoid answering questions about James Comey's firing
If he doesn't like his job, he can quit.

Also

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
a good son http://imgur.com/gallery/D42tq

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Fun fact: the term "dorp" means a small town in Dutch and Afrikaans. The Dutch were the first Europeans to settle on the land that is now New York City, and there's a town called New Dorp on Staten Island! :eng101: Dutch is a cute language.

bows1 posted:

Kanye Owns, Amy is p good. Looking forward to new projects from each.
This is a completely honest request. Can someone who likes Kanye West explain to me what is good about him? I listened to some of his songs before asking and I have no idea. Most of my experience with rap music is hits by either Outkast or the Beastie Boys, so I'm used to pretty fast, catchy rap songs, and the Kanye songs I heard weren't like that. Are his songs like the Andy Warhol movies of rap?

Here's some pictures to thank you in advance.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Speaking of hilarious animals https://flowartstation.com/2017/05/10/hilarious-winners-of-the-first-annual-comedy-wildlife-photography-awards/

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Ak Gara posted:

But don't you see, the beer is part of the water now. Which is powering his jetpack.

Peter Stormare?

Peter Stormare's brother, who everyone also loves?

Content

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

*poop emoji moves through bowel*

Bill Poopton - "WOOOO! We're on an express elevator, GOIN' DOWN!"
Heh. this afternoon I saw an old book in a thrift store titled something like "Through the Alimentary Canal with a Gun and a Camera." I should go back and buy it tomorrow, or at least read is little and see if it makes any sense at all.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Bogan King posted:

Milo has a new look. Seems to be going for the Miami grandma thing now.

On the plus side, if you need to threaten him, you can just grab the necklaces and watch them break immediately because they're cheap garbage and my God he's got a weird face. So close to being normal but then not.

Ha ha, wow, thank you!

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

canyoneer posted:

I just laughed myself to tears with that
It's wonderful.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Memento posted:

So apparently "kek" is what "lol" is translated to if you're talking to the other faction in World of Warcraft.

Computer games were a mistake.
A kektre is haunting Europe your mom

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

m'ladybug *tips snail*

:3: :3: :3: :3: :3:

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

great big cardboard tube posted:

Watching anime is not something to take pride in no matter the circumstance
The other night I dreamed I was in an anime and was sort of bothered about it but kept my spirits up by remembering that I could go online when I woke up and read what people thought of it. Of course the anime existed only in my dream so it was just false hope.

Bates posted:

Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Julia Louis-Dreyfus are some of the best and most popular comedians atm.
They are almost as funny as Madeline Kahn, who was a goddamn genius and I have still not recovered from her death. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD40kJZpLss

All right, let's get this thread back on track.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Bogan King posted:

No one gives the slightest poo poo about who hosed who in the Sonic world. Skype CWC or some poo poo.

Access to a large supply of clean, safe drinking water is one of the triumphs of human civilization. :colbert:

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
A while back a guy on these boards shared pictures of an injured owl he tried to help. One photo included his cat, named Sandwiches.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Researchers believe that herring communicate with one another in a way humans would find repulsive hilarious and identifiable: passing gas.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Paladinus posted:

Anime is bad.
Did you say anime is good?