Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Note: He died on the way back to his home planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

"Bastian made many other wishes, and had many other amazing adventures - before he finally returned to the ordinary world. But that's... another story."

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Because family comes first.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
The family that lays together stays together.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

The Bloop posted:

is there something to "get" here or is this just some sort of absurdist art

If you look at it like a smiley, 13 could be a butt and -0= could be someone about to tongue that butt.

EDIT: Or receive a poop from the butt. What I'm saying is that - could be a tongue or poop.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Diabolical would be putting that sticker under one of those "Pay to charge" stations.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Dear Prudence posted:

Burn the internet

And nothing of value was lossed.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

oldpainless posted:

They just use his name. He didn't actually come back from the dead to review The Mummy

It Stinks!

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

This sounds like a spell to get wasted in Harry Potter world.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Jamesman posted:

There's gonna be a scene with a youn Han and a young Greedo, and Han will say "The next time you see me, you better shoot first before I get a chance to."

He didn't.

Jamesman posted:

And then he'll walk past somebody frozen in carbonite and say "Boy I'd hate to be that guy!"

He would be.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
But if someone told me that was someone doing an impression of Jim Carrey doing impressions, I would believe him.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

DontMockMySmock posted:

Can someone please explain to me, a person who has never seen or heard Amy Schumer outside of the times in which she's completely derailed this thread and others, what the loving deal is? Why does this random comedian in particular cause so much misogyny and derailing? If this image is a photoshop (which I doubt, since this version is present on IMDB), where's the original? Why does anyone give a loving poo poo?

Lots of people took issue with her before for various reasons, but it seemed to get turned up to 11 when she made a statement about reasonable gun control after the theater shooting at her Trainwreck movie. She's also apparently related to Chuck Schumer.

I hadn't heard about her joke stealing. Does anyone have examples? I know this can range pretty heavily. If it's just that a comedian makes the same generic and/or obvious joke that someone else does, then whatever. It can also be easy to accidentally incorporate someone else's material into your own just from how the brain puts things together. I once wrote a story that used a throwaway joke I thought was original but later found out I had heard it in a movie years earlier. On the other hand, something like http://www.pattonoswalt.com/index.cfm?page=spew&id=144 would be much worse since it's clearly intentional and pronounced. gently caress people who steal.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Hmm, went about halfway through before getting bored. While some of those were reaching pretty heavily, and I was initially gonna give a partial pass on the "Inside Amy Schumer" stuff since there were other writers, yeah, a bunch of that material was clearly stolen. It gets especially bad starting with the Trainwreck joke stolen from Tosh and seems to get more blatant from there (with occasional reaches like "haha, women's underwear is gross" which is just a pretty generic shared joke fodder).

drat, been dealing with plagiarism all weekend from students. Sucks to see it from someone I enjoyed.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

"Kukki!"*

*Translator's Note: "Kukki" is Japanese for "Cookies"

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Zipperelli. posted:

I like to think the person driving has Alzheimer's.

*person who hates/likes thing on bumper sticker(s) approaches van, razor blade in hand, paralyzed with indecision*

There are several towns in the US where this would trap large groups of people, all ready to vandalize for their cause, but crippled by maybe, maybe not irony.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Madame Gazelle has seen things.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Is...is a craigie a penis? Cause if it is, this new version is going places.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

JoelJoel posted:

The grammatical error in this one always bugged me.

That made me look up to see if "manuever" was just a weird English spelling or something, and apparently everywhere that's not America has it as "manoeuvre"? Fancy.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Shy Guy Bodies: The Exhibition.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Besesoth posted:

I'm guessing it's actually two twin mattresses pushed together, with corset girl hiding the join. (You can see the bedposts of the leftmost bed poking up behind the Nightmare Moon pillow.)

I recognize that this is a trap, but I’m not comfortable knowing that I recognize this trap.

My excuse is that I have two small children.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

rodbeard posted:

The original version of tribute from Tenacious D's HBO show has Pete from 30 Rock as the devil.

“Tadashi...is here” :devil:

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

And then Camp Minnie/Mickey at Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom was shut down, and remodeled into Avatar, and re-opened with the crappy Na'vi River Journey and the awesome Flight Of Passage.

I'm not a fan of Avatar, but that area is pretty cool if I just think of it as stylized alien world instead of Avatar-land. Kinda wish they just went with that instead and didn't feel the need to shoehorn in the movie stuff, but they've been pretty focused on making everything new have some sort of movie connection lately. It makes sense, but it's a little sad that we're unlikely to get cool original stuff going forward.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Cameron is also the guy who thought Ferngully would be better without a Tim Curry musical number.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Bold new direction for Despicable Me.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

gbut posted:

Am I the only one on these here forums who finds Gervais funny?

I like him. But he can be a bit insufferable in some of his bits. He largely gets a pass on that since he's a comedian.

No idea about his personal life since I don't like following along with celebrities' real lives. Just entertain me, funny men and women.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
My retirement plan is to teach full-time online instead of full-time in-person. That way, when I work myself to death, I'll just be a faceless digital grading entity to students and they won't be sad.

All things considered, I'm lucky for a millenial.

Here's something to lighten the mood:

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

Brother finger brother finger where are you?
Here I am, here I am; how do you do?
:toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot::toot:

Johnny, Johnny,
Yes, Papa?
Eating sugar?
No, Papa.
Telling lies?
No, Papa.
Open your mouth.
HaHaHa.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Completely dumb and inaccurate.

Her costume should be an oversized bodypillow with an image of her costume on it :colbert:.

Mousepad with boob wrist pillow.

Or, for the lazy costumer, a fleshlight. Then at a party, when anyone asks what she dressed as, she can say "Your girlfriend."

HPanda has a new favorite as of 06:47 on Jul 4, 2018

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

https://imgur.com/gallery/vFrsDnf

(sorry for bad formatting, phone posting)

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

https://imgur.com/a/tgF6MwH

I also like him getting out the same way.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Batman keeps a list of how to seduce every powered person in the world.

It's his thing.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Railing Kill posted:

The idea of a giant robot turning into a giant fist and punching god is funny to me, but not in the way you think that it is. Nor does that make that image funny. There's nothing inherently funny about it. Like, if you have to explain it to people who aren't waifu pillow-having shut-ins, then maybe it isn't funny as much as it is just referential to your scene. References aren't jokes.

So, is it the entire point of the show? Like every episode, this robot is going about its day to day, then something happens and it decides that it has to punch god again? Like it's putting away groceries, and suddenly thinks of starving children and just has to go fist some divinity real quick before prime time?

Because I would watch that.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Jamesman posted:

There's this one anime I really like. It's about a family (parents and a son) who take in their niece, and it creates this sexual tension between her and the father because he walks in on her in the shower, or she walks around the house in her underwear. It's not overtly sexual, but he gets embarrassed and it creates some funny moments.

Meanwhile the mom is kinda deranged and acts like a know-it-all while being oblivious to a bunch of poo poo happening around her, like the aforementioned sexy niece, or the fact that her best friend is cheating on her husband. It's kinda funny to see how enthusiastic she is about all kinds of poo poo, but she's terrible at almost everything.

Oh, and their son is a reincarnated spirit of a Buddhist monk. It doesn't really come up much, except his girlfriend's family is Buddhist so it creates an interesting dynamic with them.

If I had to pick an episode to suggest for newcomers, I'd recommend one where the dirty old grandpa comes to visit with his young new wife, or maybe the one centered around the dad's constipation.

Well done, goon sir/madam.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

That's literally the premise of a show starting this fall. A guy gets friended by God on Facebook.

A better version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy_sMrsOVJU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

...pirate-based DLC for Final Fantasy XV?

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

can you guys stop talking about cops and focus on the sentence "Wife, I am beshit"

It's not on topic. Melania sleeps in a different room.

EDIT: Oops, forgot which forum I was in. Letting it stand, though.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Thanks for these, and they're pretty spot on. I've personally been physically threatened while debating the military realities of Arthurian legend. Nerds can get pissed when you don't agree with them. Whether they're a good nerd or a bad nerd depends largely on what definition of "pissed" is relevant here.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Countdown to that book pounding someone in the butt starts now.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

leethasbro posted:

Actually that book did NOT pound anyone in the butt, and that's okay.

https://twitter.com/ChuckTingle/status/1061744106647379969

Well done, Mr. Tingle. Well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuck yes.

Two bros
sitting in a hot tub
five feet apart
'cause they're not gay!

Your spoiler tag looks like a fat guy sitting in a hot tub very uncomfortably.