Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Took me a minute to notice the capo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Who What Now posted:

I never said he was holding it up.

I take back my comment about the capo. I hadn't been looking closely enough, and I thought his left hand was playing a chord. Looks like he's just holding it while speaking to the audience. No harm there.

I don't know who this guy is, but he looks like someone who would change his Facebook profile picture to Owen Wilson on change-your-profile-picture-to-a-famous-person-you're-the-ugly-version-of day.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

I don't get it

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Well, even now I have a hard time believing someone thought it was funny

Maybe like, one tiny step higher than a screencap of a joke from some anime that requires more context than the screencap provides, and still isn't very funny with said context.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Snowy posted:

Phlegmish posted:

2 skins 2 accountants

The nerdy guy in the back sure looks different nowadays

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

yo rear end is grass posted:

It's quite an interesting coincidence how the student and teacher have the same handwriting.

I don't think I've ever seen one of those "LOL These Students Deserve an A+ for Creativity. The Sixth One Had Us in Stitches!" that wasn't so obviously fabricated it was painful. Like, "What is the main reason for divorce?" is a question that fits perfectly alongside "Where was the Declaration of Independence signed?" on those general knowledge tests they're always handing out in grade school :rolleyes:

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Ride The Gravitron posted:

What band is that

Probably The Adicts

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Yeah goatse was just a dude with a stretchy butt, his name was Kirk Johnson. He put power tools in his rear end sometimes too, there are pictures of that as well.

FTFY

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Twitch posted:

Don't worry, the article about the Goatse dude dying was a stupid joke article, the Kirk Johnson who died this year was a guy who played the drums for Prince, and was very much not the Goatse dude.

Oh, my bad. I thought he had died for real.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

MisterBibs posted:

I have a feeling I asked this before, but as someone who doesn't play D&D, what's so bad about Chaotic Good?

I think it's sort of the "nice guy" alignment, like the dude who always wants to play that plucky and quirky elf that he (mis)identifies with. It's just that in the game world, "chaotic" means things like "steals from the rich or damages their property" and "breaks into locked buildings in search of adventure". The player considers himself chaotic for doing things like "not keeping a regular and reasonable hygiene schedule" and "breaking into a girl's room to sniff her socks".

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

A person who claims it for themselves basically wants to be this:

Yikes. He looks more like a psychopath on the left panel.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

At first I thought he or she was just having a nap in the broken grille, then I saw the blood. Bad post, Guy.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's got it's eyes open, it's awake, it was fine. This kind of thing happens all the time

Fair enough. I was being touchy.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

HBomb posted:

Good God, is this an actual shot from the movie? People are supposed to be scared by this?

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I like that GIF. Great campy vibe.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

Naw I think y'all just eat too much.

True but if you're from the UK I'm going to chuckle to myself.

e. I take it back. I was misremembering that the UK has an obesity rate roughly equal to that of the US, but it's more 33/26%. On a related note, I also found out that Egypt and a slew of Pacific Island nations have higher rates of obesity than the US. I'm shocked.

LargeHadron has a new favorite as of 00:20 on Sep 21, 2017

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Steph Sessions without a doubt has a triforce tattoo on her wrist

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

How does he get off?

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Those meerkats all look like Rick Grimes when he's having one of his about-to-faint-from-panic moments

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

PaulBearer posted:

For sucking?

Man, I remember this guy being much harder to spot when I was a kid

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Just post your mildly interesting photos thread already

Seriously Guy, please do it.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

I've watched this like ten times, and each time I laugh so hard I cry

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

I thought he was a pretty well-known actor already from LOTR

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah, it's mind-gently caress for sure.

Someone on Reddit said it's because how we're wired for face recognition and the fact it's a flat image. We start with what we are assuming is the left eye and go "this might be a face". Then scan right, see the nose, but it looks enough like an eye the brain goes "OK almost definitely a face" and locks in a vertical orientation. Then the we see the REAL left eye and go "no too many eyes, that's a nose", and the left ear at the bottom looks enough like a mouth to finish it up. Then the brain goes "It's a face! A supremely hosed up, mutant face."

The two-tone pattern in the dog's fur, as well as the pillows on the left of the photo that match the brown fur, made me believe for awhile that I was looking at two dogs situated in such a way that their faces were blending together.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

"There, the terrorists will never mess with us AGAIN"

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

:thejoke:

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

The past must have been absolute chaos. You didn't have things like TV and internet, so you spent the entire day just doing things.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Grandpa: I'd like to speak to the HARMACIST please :haw:
Harmacist: Yes, how can I help you?
Grandpa: WHERE'S THE P?? :haw:
Harmacist: Sir, it's dripping down your leg.
Grandpa: ...I'd like to fill my oxytrol prescription

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Hirayuki posted:

We still talking about Breughel's proverb art? This is my favorite one:

"Look at this doofus."

The proverb illustrated: He who knows where the nest is, has the knowledge, he who robs, has the nest.

He who knows where the nest is, has a giant bulge, he who robs, has the nest.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Jose Valasquez posted:

The whispering thing is creepy and weird but he probably hasn't jerked off in front of a bunch of people so he's top notch at this point

Android Apocalypse posted:

Jim Gaffigan: the least terrible male comedian we got.

Brian Regan is probably not a sex pervert either so there's two at least

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

canyoneer posted:

This is true. I'd take Jim Gaffigan's annoying high pitched whisper after every punchline any day over Brian Regan's "DURR DURR DURR" voice that he does.

I thought Regan's mannerisms were funny the first time I saw him on YouTube (a bit he did in the early 90s), but they got old REALLY quickly after that. I wish he'd drop that and the open-mouthed cross-eyed thing he does after every joke because his material can be pretty good sometimes on its own.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

hawowanlawow posted:

Brian Regan is majorly fuckin unfunny. he's like the Chuck Lorre of standup

Oh god, I googled this monster

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

What was it?

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

om nom nom posted:

What is the point of putting Frank's red hot on there? The hottest chip ever made, one of the hottest peppers on the planet, then some...normal hot sauce that's not quite as spicy as Tabasco.

It would dilute the spiciness and make the entire thing less spicy. Cheap trick!

I didn't actually click those links though so I'm making a lot of assumptions about the context.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

I know for a fact we don't cuz she's always got a sore throat or something

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Both of these had me in tears

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Data Graham posted:

This billboard I saw a few years ago is all I can think of when this subject comes up

Goddamnit, I hate being reminded that anything touched by a child under 14 or a man over 40 is undoubtedly covered in their feces.

And it's probably wishful thinking that the remaining young(er) men and women are any better.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Ak Gara posted:

It's like all the "remember to wash your god drat hands!!" signs at work.

There's this one guy, cleans toilets while using nitrile gloves, his phone will ring and he'll answer it.
I'm like bitch gloves don't work that way!

Ahahahaha, I cringed when a lady did that in a very early X-Files episode (Tooms pt. 1), and thought there's no way someone would be that dumb IRL

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

How do you leave Chvrches out of thsi?

poo poo, I always thought that kid looked familiar. That's uncanny.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

As a third party American who grew up near New York, as far as I can tell they're the Football blue bloods-- the snotty, prep school team of whitebread All-American jackoffs that always win despite having the culture of dried toast.

The fiction we create in order to dramatize sports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

I know this lady, and she was not joking. This isn't even one of the craziest things she's posted.