Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

veedubfreak posted:

What kind of brain trauma causes people to think these are funny?
The kind that comes from sleep deprivation and caffeine

EDIT For unrelated content:

Nordick has a new favorite as of 18:45 on Mar 15, 2017

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Laserjet 4P posted:

Counterpoint: Che Guevara shirts.

That's... not really a counterpoint, is it?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I think bunch of ostensibly progressive dudes wearing a Tshirt with a guy who murdered gay people and thought they were a 'disease of the bourgeois' is pretty ironic.
Yes, it is, my point is that mentioning a similar case of irony than what he was quoting isn't exactly a "counterpoint"

Moon Slayer posted:

Cool, welcome to 2013.
A funny thing is still a funny thing even if it's a few years old, you nonce

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

HPanda posted:

Because family comes first.
Looks more like the whole family coming together

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

du -hast posted:

I was deeply, deeply disappointed that it wasn't goatse dickbutt at the bottom of this.
same

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

How would a self-propelled feathery ball tickler be painful, may I ask?
I believe he was making a so-called "joke" based on the deliberate false assumption that you were gonna replace the feathers with bicycle pedals.

Which indeed does sound painful, but hey I'm not gonna kinkshame

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Well this is goddamn incredible.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

H͚̰̣͑͗͛̐͊͐͊E̻̠̲͔͈̞̭͑̿̍̌͘͡ ̨͔͍͙̠̳͍̈͐͡C̵̠͎̬̙̗͚̠̍͑̂͂̂ͪ̎͡ͅÔ̢̖̞͙͈̮̪̝ͯͬ͐͂͢ͅM̝͕̜̹̟̘̤̦̂͌͌̎͠͝E̶̺͈̦̪͙̓͒S̩̖͔͖͕͖ͧ͗͡

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

The Bananana posted:

He'ssad cause he knows he can never be the world's greatest if there's another him.
Or maybe deep down inside he knows that Amy Schumer is cooler than him even when she's faceplanted on the ground

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Mods pleasae change my username to Clardig Fug, tia

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Sir Patrick Stewart is voicing the poop emoji in that movie and I'm not sure whether to despair or to commend him for not giving a poo poo.

EDIT: Uh, or actually giving a poo poo, so to speak.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

syscall girl posted:

As a poor porcuswine farmer I

They were funny on so many levels and sometimes it seemed like you were laughing at the characters or even poor old Harry's bizarre concepts of women.

I had to go through a lot of old bookstores to find the originals and they were basically ripping off Starship Troopers if you can believe it.
Sounds like you're thinking of Bill, the Galactic Hero. He was the country bumpkin who was drafted into war and lost his left arm and leg in battle, had his left arm replaced with his dead buddy's right arm, and had a different new mutant animal leg in every book. Because the military had a shortage of actual human spare parts.

Stainless Steel Rat was about the con man/gentleman thief who got into all sorts of shady adventure hijinks. Also a very good series and pretty funny but not straight-up cheeseball parody like Bill.

I should reread some of those, I was so young when I read them that there were probably some jokes that flew way over my head.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Basically the only thing I remember from The 13th Warrior is that part where Banderas is struggling with the viking sword because it's ohhhh so heavy and cumbersome ugh, and then he has the smith reshape the blade into a scimitar and then he can spin it around like a cool ninja dervish eventhough the sword isn't any smaller, and that was just so monumentally loving stupid I've had my nerd knickers in a huge twist ever since.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Kwyndig posted:

You do know that where the weight is balanced on a weapon changes what muscles you use to swing it, right? A scimitar is balanced completely differently than a stabbing sword, even though they might be the same size.
Yes. But that's not how the scene portrays the difference.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDSiUUw21bQ

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I thought it was David Mitchell

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
iBeth

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Man, I like SoM and had no idea that existed. Pretty cool.

And so is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s60lYl_TeNo

PYF Jolene cover

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

NLJP posted:

Huh this is actually real loving good and made me appreciate the song. Never gave it much thought before other than background in a film or summat.
It actually did the exact same thing for me. Postmodern Jukebox is pretty fantastic in general.

And now to alleviate the derail, I give this offering

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Moon Slayer posted:

This is 100% mid-30's white male internet misanthropes screaming "I don't like [popular thing]" into the void.
something_awful_forums.txt

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

whoda thunkit posted:

If's you's use's apostrophe's on's every's word's, eventually's you'll get's one's right's.
You'll's also sounds like Skwisgaar Skwigelf

content

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
There's also no indication whether the commenter knows the couple or not. For all we know it might be some sort of in-joke or whatever. There's really nothing there to base assumptions one way or another on.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Ya'll really upset at calling gorillas monkeys goddamn.
Ook! :mad:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

a kitten posted:

Tag yourself, i'm the guy who runs by and misses the whole thing.
I'm the guy who jumps and faceplants into the ground before even colliding with anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Just loving lmao if you aren't 100% ambidextrous at wanking