Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

shut up blegum posted:

Lmao, why did he get prorated for this.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Because it was funny.

Actually, because it wasn't funny. You know what that's like.

Zesty has a new favorite as of 22:24 on Apr 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

13 probations/bans spread over a 13 year posting history is nothing and probies from AxeManiac, Abe and Aatrek are badges of honor. :colbert:

Plucky little guy just got a couple probations. No big deal, nothing to judge him about. It's the mods who are terrible and hate it when people are funny. :jerkbag:

Solice Kirsk posted:

I don't get it. If he was an Asian guy then why didn't he just karate his way out of it? Something isn't adding up with this story...

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's just impossible and will never exist. Like finding a unicorn. Or a black family not talking through a movie.

Solice Kirsk posted:

You have to be 18 to get a tattoo. I'd say that would be a reasonable age for someone to decide they were born with the wrong genitals and get disfigure themselves to fit their head body image.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Still less frightening than trusting a middle eastern man with a female child at this point.

People like this should be mocked when they try to defend bad posting.

Zesty has a new favorite as of 23:02 on Apr 26, 2017

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Tears for Fears posted:

Do you think the Mod is going to pay some special attention to for your weirdly deep research into another poster?

Click rap sheet. So deep.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The only word I recognize there is avocado.

5 grain toast? Feta? Are avocados holding me back from being a millionaire?

Zesty has a new favorite as of 11:47 on May 19, 2017

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Yep. A lot of those are pure racism. Hilarious.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
A few of those are clearly fake and even if you claim they aren't, you think Racist stereotypes are okay if someone else says it about themselves.

quote:

"I think a lot of people were thinking in those terms and hadn't been able to say it. By the way, I've never done that joke again, ever, and I probably never will," says Rock. "'Cause some people that were racist thought they had license to say friend of the family. So, I'm done with that routine."

It's the same thing. I know this makes you uncomfortable to have someone suggest you're crossing a line. Don't stress it. Just recognize it's racist stereotypes that you're sharing and maybe it's not as okay as you thought at first glance.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Woosh.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Paladinus posted:

And then he's done that routine again.

I don't know if that's the case because I can't find examples of it. It wouldn't render his point in that quote invalid though.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

For those that don't know, that's the Montenegro Prime Minister at NATO that Trump is pushing out of the way.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

hawowanlawow posted:

I'd like jastiger to weigh in on this damning evidence that the Midwest is more brain hosed than the South

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
How does it want you to open it then?

I'm pretty sure that warning says "You can't blame us for opening this poorly with a knife."

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Inescapable Duck posted:

But remember, the real lesson is that monsters aren't necessarily bad no matter how many dozens of people die

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Anytime you see a story of a stupid situation with a black person in the picture, you should assume it's fake.

Zesty has a new favorite as of 20:43 on Oct 16, 2017

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

EmmyOk posted:

Just post your mildly interesting photos thread already

Just tack it onto this thread title. Funny or Mildly Interesting MEGATHREAD

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Isn’t there a meme gulag for loss to go in?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Lobok posted:

Gulags are for forced labour. Loss memes are about failed labour.

Loss memes are forced. It’s always, “look, I arranged things a
certain way in four panels. Give me karma or quotes or whatever passes for validation here.”

There’s rarely wit to it.

Zesty has a new favorite as of 03:58 on Nov 21, 2017

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Random Stranger posted:

"Ha! It's a picture of an elephant masturbating. :v:

Ha ha! They translated it as 'Forbidden amuse yourself'! :v:

Wait a second... why do they need a childish sign in a public place telling people not to masturbate? :gonk:"

Because it was faked for those sweet sweet funnyjunk pageviews.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm actually kind of amazed how Loss has been permeating into other places. I see references to it on Facebook nearly every day.

I put less than 10 people on ignore and all loss memes have ceased on Something Awful for me.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

G-Spot Run posted:

I guess if they're ready to move past it and heal

Because they almost always lack wit.

Not you though. :3:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

wayfinder posted:

It's amazing how you even quote the part where I address that

What’s that dirty word that works perfectly with well with a normal cup handle? I’m pretty sure it starts with an F.

And then he proceeded to oval office that up.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ziv Zulander posted:

Sometimes, yeah

Wheelchair adjacent

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Picture of a man who has absloutely no self-awareness at all.

I think you cracked the code on this one.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Milo and POTUS posted:

Bring back the goddamn rule

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

BrianBoitano posted:

Posting this image will go over well

The irony is lost on goons that they are tripping over themselves to poo poo on a comic about people who trip over themselves to poo poo on a movie.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

OutOfPrint posted:

At this point I just assume every 2x2 grid of pictures is a loss edit. This one, though, might be my favorite.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

The MSJ posted:

True story: a university near where I studied had over 100 students unable to graduate in one particular year because a professor refuses to give them ‘pity grades’.

Isn't there a meme thread for this?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

chitoryu12 posted:

I think we’ve hit the final form of this meme.

Nah. People will repost this poo poo for years and pretend their mind is blown every time.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Sponge Baathist posted:

E:vv bull semen. It's Monday and I'm fuckin tired

So was he supposed to open up thread to new post and then scroll up for your reply?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Skip two more pages

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

DandyLion posted:

Planet of the Rapes.

Please explain this joke to me.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

DandyLion posted:

Planet of the Apes reference + India's Rape problem.

India's rape problem? Every source I can find shows the United States has a bigger rape problem. 15 times greater per capita. I grant you that unreported cases could change things but we don't know to what level. Regardless, I'd hardly insinuate India is the great land of rape in the Funny Pictures thread. Holy poo poo, dude.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

DACK FAYDEN posted:

source your incredibly awful quotes

, he said, bravely in support of someone trying to make a joke predicated on racism.

Here's 2010 for you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Sininu posted:

This thread is like the only place he knows where to post everything he finds, half of his content is garbage for this place. There are threads way more suitable for those posts

in the gas chamber.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Elysiume posted:

The Stylish extension used to be pretty good for custom CSS, but apparently they were stealing peoples' info.
pre:
// ==UserScript==
// @name               shorter videos
// @namespace          https://forums.somethingawful.com/
// @description        asdf
// @include            https://forums.somethingawful.com/*
// @grant              GM_addStyle
// ==/UserScript==

GM_addStyle("video { max-height: 522px; } ");
This is basically the simplest way I know of to do it through Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey; it just adds a CSS rule to every page on a domain. Change the 522 to whatever you want. I'm not a webdev either so I don't know if there's a glitzier solution out there.

huh. I put this into greasemonkey and it didn't do anything for those extra tall gif videos.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Googled "Small yellow octopus with blue spots"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue-ringed_octopus

"The venom can result in nausea, respiratory arrest, heart failure, severe and sometimes total paralysis, blindness, and can lead to death within minutes if not treated. Death, if it occurs, is usually from suffocation due to paralysis of the diaphragm."

So you know. Not really "haha" funny.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
jfc :sever:

So many red flags.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

:pisstape:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

I went in thinking this guy was going to be a huge dork with a sword and instead... he changed my mind. A legend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
We put our faith in Blast Hardcheese.