Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Garrand posted:

Oh, I missed this. I believe that's actually the reverse. The point of case-hardening is hardening the exterior of a steel that can't be hardened (low carbon content) or requires certain forms of flexibility under specific kinds of stresses. Basically the tootsie pops of hardware.

last edit: I honestly didn't mean to make so much of this. I was just planning on posting a screw or bolt based comment towards anybody who snarked my previous ones just to see how long people would reply.

I tried searching for something funny on imgur but bolts just really aren't funny.

How the hell are the first two on the second row even supposed to work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

null_pointer posted:

I imagine it making a Looney Toons style "veep veep veep veep veep" noise while doing so.

I prefer the Hanna Barberra bongo sounds better myself.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

trapped mouse posted:

Both Wikipedia and internetlivestats.com have Iceland above Norway percentage wise.

Also, what's the deal with your gimmick? Why do you need to include a fact with every picture? Just start another thread for it if you like random trivia that much.
I think his gimmick is fun, even if like, half the facts are incorrect.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Dillbag posted:

Hey man, i think those memes are as stupid as the next person does, but don't forget that you're the guy that posts anime on every page. Glass stones and all that.

Why do cosplay photos always have dutch angles in them?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Stare-Out posted:

Goats screaming will never not be funny to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlYlNF30bVg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9_YXGVmco4

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

rats.floral.just here, which is a fun combination.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I've heard the reason that Alpacas and Llamas love Goats is because they're not clever enough to realize they're looking at a different but similarly shaped species instead of their own babbys :kimchi:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Prolefights, this Sunday only! You'll pay for the whole seat, but only need the EDGE!!!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Wait wait wait, are we just going to glaze right over the "Hip Hopportunity" thing here?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

The perfect three hit combo. They should have sent a poet.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Beta was a hurricane and Alpha was just a tropical storm? :thunk:

they name them before they become hurricanes. Alpha popped up first.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Literally Esoteric posted:

Watch this literal superhuman use his invulnerability to stop a goose with his bear hands:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaC7-UICzws

I will never understand this poo poo with people getting hurt by geese. Just punch the loving bird.

Geese are stubborn and mean. Punching won't do poo poo to them. This video right here shows probably about the most passive approach to fighting a goose you can do to them. Grabbing them by the neck like he does is really the only effective fighting technique we primates have against them, and if you're really fighting a mean one that wants to hurt YOU, you probably have to fling it against things when you grab it. And there is no graceful way to swing a goose around by the neck that makes you look like the poor defender.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

The Ferret King posted:

Yeah but it might be a good idea to use that same reader to see what error codes are present since it may not have illuminated for just no reason at all.

Places like autozone will use theirs for you for free even. The light is on on my car and it's apparently a leak in the air seal on a solenoid that's only there to help fuel efficiency and doesn't actually affect the car's ability to work so I'm in no rush to replace it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Nice deconstruction

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Randaconda posted:

The Friday remake was fine, it was drat near just another sequel.

In my head it was just a sequel and I can't think of a reasonable reason why it wasn't besides the suits telling me so.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

If I've heard right, Carpenter loved this when someone showed it to him.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Karate Bastard posted:

This is abuse.

I'd say it's downright Morally Inept.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

a kitten posted:

You're not thinking, you're on drugs!
Normal people don't acting that way!"
I go: "Mom, just get me a Pepsi, please, all I want is a Pepsi"
And she wouldn't give it to me!
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
Just one Pepsi!
And she wouldn't give it to me!
Just a Pepsi!

:yeah:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

That doesn't beat the Ball of Burning Men. King Charles of France and five of his buddies dressed up like Wild men, by getting sewn in linen bodysuits and covering the bodysuits in resin and grass. They broke into some fancy ladies wedding party and danced around and caused a ruckus. The King's brother, attempting to determine the identity of one of the disguised men, held a torch right up to his face and caught them all on fire.

Edgar Allen Poe's "Hop Frog" is basically this. A little person jester smarter than everyone thinks he is puts them up to it because they make fun of him like, constantly.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Collateral Damage posted:

There are two horse statues near my workplace, and the sculptor made sure to make it very obvious that they are both meant to be males.

e: Tourists like to take photos there because it's a really nice looking square, and it's really funny watching prudish people try to find an angle where they won't get a pair of huge brass horse nuts in the picture.

They should just embrace it, like people literally do with the Wall Street Bull's massive scrote.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Spikey posted:

Well what do you know, it really is black.

Actually it's dark blue

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

So...is there a reason they're carefully taking care of them in a lab, or is this just like, a zoo/aquarium type thing? I know horseshoe crabs get their weird copper-based blue blood "milked" because it has super anti-bacteria abilities making it mega valuable (like, $15,000 per liter) but I've never heard of anything for these roly-polys.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Zzulu posted:

On September 10, 1945, farmer Lloyd Olsen of Fruita, Colorado was planning to eat supper with his mother-in-law and was sent out to the yard by his wife to bring back a chicken. Olsen chose a five-and-a-half-month-old Wyandotte chicken named Mike. The axe removed the bulk of the head, but missed the jugular vein, leaving one ear and most of the brain stem intact.[3][4]
Due to Olsen's failed attempt to behead Mike, the chicken was still able to balance on a perch and walk clumsily. He attempted to preen, peck for food, and crow, though with limited success; his "crowing" consisted of a gurgling sound made in his throat.[3] When Mike did not die, Olsen instead decided to care for the bird. He fed it a mixture of milk and water via an eyedropper, and gave it small grains of corn

:magical:

Yeah, apparently chickens' brains aren't shaped quite how we instinctively assume them to be based on our own, so it's actually pretty easy to chop their heads off at not quite straight angles and leave enough that they still move around and stuff on motor reflex, though usually shortly bleed to death after. It's why the whole idiom of a chicken with its head cut off exists. Don't mind me, I've just been recently researching what happens when something is beheaded for a writing idea.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Not to mention his title is gas assassin!

Gassassin

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Up Bum No Baby

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

:trumppop:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

...Approved.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I'm like, 99.99% sure it is that, and the version of that video I saw circulate fb gave the title. Yeah, it's an unusual host choice, but it sounded legit interesting.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Dog and Cover

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's the full sign:

Yes, but at this angle we can't see the equality signs shaped kinda like ping pong paddles...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

So disappointed that that robot is a complete success

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

The owlwolves are loving terrifying meanwhile.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Tom and Lisa are the parents. They had a kid at 23. Note how nothing was said about Lisa...

Lisa def wrote all of that.

Re: Gaffigan, I've noticed this past summer during the few times i took long drives with my dad and got to listen to his sirius radio, lots of commercials where the comic was pushing his appearances on catholic talk channels, despite he himself having jokes about how not even the pope wants to hear your opinions on God and Jesus.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Nice work, Gumshoes! Now where is she off to?

Of the three possible destinations on the bus schedule on the wall, Portland seems to be the most wet, and she kept her umbrella out, so I'm going with that one.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Well, it IS Fox, so of course they're reporting on Trump.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Randaconda posted:

And leprosy is really hard to catch.

nah, it's not too tough. It's the throwing that's hard. because your hands fell off

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Look into your trousers.

I'll be damned, they stop just above the knee.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

man, even the Cola Wars are cooler in Australia.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

DandyLion posted:

Well, you mean unless they've marked that they're an organ donor :wink:

:fuckoff: That poo poo isn't even funny to joke about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've been known to perform mouth to rear end on the unconscious and ive yet to hear a single complaint.

Ah, the classic hind-lick maneuver.