Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

trickybiscuits posted:

Fun fact: the term "dorp" means a small town in Dutch and Afrikaans. The Dutch were the first Europeans to settle on the land that is now New York City, and there's a town called New Dorp on Staten Island! :eng101: Dutch is a cute language.

If you like listening to people with something stuck in their throat, then yes, it's cute. The word gegiechel means giggle, and you would expect it to sound jovial, but it sounds like a second of white noise followed by an l.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The point of the sandwich video is that you buy freshly baked bread which makes any lovely sandwich palatable, while if you prepare your sandwiches at home, your read is not as fresh by lunch. But it's still dumb as gently caress.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's not satire.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
'kayne. You know, cocaine.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CainsDescendant posted:

I remember when I was in high school Huckabee took away our soda machines because he had just lost a lot of weight and thought that kids shouldn't be allowed sugary drinks, the meltdown that followed was pretty ugly. A couple of weeks later we got our sodas back without comment. That's my Huckabee story, thanks for listening.

He was right.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
*while updating my $5,000 worth game library on Steam from my new laptop*

Sod off, you oval office! I've never had an avo sandwich in my life, yet I still can't afford a house at 28!

*furiously spins a custom-made fidget spinner*

I'm so mad I think I'll go and fly my drone at the park. loving hell, what a twat.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Taxes are easy, unless you own property all over the country and run several for-profit and charity organisations at the same time. When you're in your twenties, it requires almost zero effort.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

dud root posted:

is that from the deus ex intro?

Trump: I've already discussed the matter with the senator
Saudi king: has he been infected?
Trump: oh yes, most certainly

http://coub.com/view/ue9qp

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I don't think it's real.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I think Zesty was implying that those quotes were photoshopped in by someone.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Zesty posted:

A few of those are clearly fake and even if you claim they aren't, you think Racist stereotypes are okay if someone else says it about themselves.

It's the same thing. I know this makes you uncomfortable to have someone suggest you're crossing a line. Don't stress it. Just recognize it's racist stereotypes that you're sharing and maybe it's not as okay as you thought at first glance.

And then he's done that routine again.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It's on his 2008 DVD Kill the Messenger (the tour on it is also from 2008). Which is three years after the retirement comment.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUEeAzl9Weo

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

This town is like a great big dildo... waiting to get hosed.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

I wonder if that was his given name.

Also eugenics (the definition people use here) is bad unless we are genociding downs kids or something. Hitler is bad. Just would like to confirm that for the confused people here. Hitler did bad things and was a bad person.

What about Mussolini? He wasn't as bad, I heard.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hyuck me up inside.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

VanSandman posted:

Oh god I can hear it in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czLYl4fM8yk

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Beaver? I hardly knew her.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daJn8Va7ozA

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Punk Goes Pop and anything similar is pointless, talentless poo poo without a modicum of creativity.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Read historical accounts of Medieval battles. They are full of angels, divine signs, apparitions of Mary, Jesus and about every saint, etc. How are you not a good Catholic?

Or remember when Communist propaganda machine couldn't turn a huge previously religious country into a de-facto atheis state? Remember how this has never happened even once in real history?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Ever seen Tibetan monks do crazy poo poo on TV? Why are you still not a Buddhist? Looks like karma is real, imo.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It is him.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

swamp waste posted:

I know everyone hates midichlorians but i think they're a pretty good ret-con for that whole problem. Everyone knows the jedi can do psychic kung fu but that's probably because they were born special and different than the rest of us, not because they are spiritually enlightened. Of course it still doesnt make sense because Liam Neeson tacitly acknowledges this by doing the blood test (or whatever it is( it's been 15 years since i saw the movie))

The main thing that annoyed me was that they turned Yoda into, like, the pope of space. I hate that. He's supposed to be like one of those comical bodhisattvas or 900 year old taoists who live in a cave eating mushrooms and thinking everyone else is stupid. Having him discussing politics with a bunch of solemn guys in robes seems bad to me.

Well, tough tits, my man, because this is what has happened. Yoda was a Space Pope and was really into politics. It's all true.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

skasion posted:

Here's Han Solo fist fighting a giant otter.

This, however, has never happened. It is simply not true.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Oh man, that kinda makes sense.

So, uh, was Anakin really conceived with no dad? Or was his mom lying, confused, or insane? Or was she also a Force super user, and just started making her own babies because she wanted babies?

Have you even watched the movies? Darth Plageous and Darth Sidious tried to manipulate the Force to create the ultimate Sith, but the Force instead conceived Anakin who in the end put an end to Siths.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Both of my grandfathers are dead, and still they are funnier than this.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You loving idiots. Wow.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Annie Lennox is a four time Grammy winning musician who is very famous

What is Grammy? Please, explain.

Also, musician? Lmao, what the gently caress are those made up words? Please, tell me in detail what this word is supposed to mean.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I think Earth literally stands on three elephants. Please, engage with me.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

sneakyfrog posted:

what about the turtles friend

Turtles aren't real, you idiot. Ha-ha how can you be so stupid?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A lot of climate change deniers in this thread, I see. Uzbekistan can just wait for the ocean to rise to their level.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
she's fat

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
She is fat.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
They are both faaaaaaaaat.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Bloop posted:

Sure maybe but who loving cares

why do you keep posting about it

People keep asking.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

It's a year 8 biology book.

E: I'm extremely slow.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hirayuki posted:

They can still order water, though! :downs:

The point is vegans shouldn't be allowed to order anything.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Deified Data posted:

lol what a goof. Showed her for not being racist.

Disgusting. The fucker's missed an opportunity to have 14 replies and 88 retweets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I've heard about football, but footpenis?