Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Turns out cranberries were grey goo all along!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

A country that couldn't win a war against emus. Wrap it up, Australiures...

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

If Ben Franklin were alive today he'd probably be the type of guy to roll a blunt with bills containing his picture.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

God, I remember the media hysteria over Y2K in 1999. For the second half of the year, probably longer, they would not shut the gently caress up about it. They turned a medium-sized problem into THE END OF THE WORLD OMG GUYS WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! gently caress the corporate media.

I'm still bitter because it was 15 year old me's first lesson in media literacy.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Look, Santa needs something to get him through that holiday rush. Those toys don't deliver themselves overnight....

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Ommin posted:

Another thing that's killing me lately is shows that put out season sets for years and then just stopped even though the show is still going (looking at you Always Sunny and Archer). It's really loving rude, if you ask me.

Hollywood has declared that the era of DVD/Blu-Ray is over, despite the fact that a DVD boxset is a much better deal than streaming.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

for fucks sake posted:

Prefer the sinister crop

The underworld boss that breaks your kneecaps when you don't answer in the form of a question.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

John Lee posted:

It was only a couple years ago that I found out it was supposed to be "Faux-Xanadu"

Don't feel bad. As a kid I thought it was something like "Faxa-nadoo".

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

PainterofCrap posted:

Pairs well with the right soup

In its own sauce

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Let's Game It Out is still a lot of fun. His Planet Zoo videos inspired me to buy the game a few years back when it was on sale, so I could find new and exciting ways to torture my zoo guests.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

That’s Oldies now. Classic Rock has become Nirvana and Metallica and Bon Jovi and poo poo.

I grew up listening to my parents' music - 1960s music. I had a moment when I had the realization that top 40 radio I remember from elementary and middle school - cuts from Jagged Little Pill, Eurodance like Another Night or Wanna Be My Lover - are now as old as the "oldies" I was listening to as a kid in the '90s.

There is a lot of really overplayed stuff from the 'classic rock' era: Hotel California is a classic example but I'd also peg stuff like Bohemian Rhapsody, Sister Golden Hair, Layla, etc. I don't blame younger people for being sick of that stuff at all; I'm sick of a lot of it and I tend to dig 'classic rock'.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Incidentally, Reelin In the Years is one of the few Steely Dan songs I like. Thoroughly loving sick of Do It Again, though (another example of a way overplayed song).

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It's true that people can be very knee jerk about declaring something "dated" and not wanting to listen to it because it's "too ooooold". But bands like the Beatles the Eagles, Pink Floyd, etc are so overexposed that I can't blame people too much for being averse to them, for the same reason that I'm so sick of poo poo like Sister Golden Hair and Do It Again: familiarity breeds contempt.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Heath posted:

I don't get the "overplayed" thing because where are you hearing these things? The radio? Spotify, Pandora? These bands made other songs. There are tons of Pink Floyd songs that are great that get literally no play (the entirety of Animals for example.)

poo poo, I even listened to Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety (on my turntable :smuggo: ) the other day and I've heard all of those songs a million billion times and even still, listening to it as an album instead of just the usual radio hits of Time and Money just hits different. The problem isn't the music, it's the way you listen to it.

The radio.

I agree with you. I don't really think Pink Floyd are overplayed. They're just one of several examples of bands that, to younger people, might be overexposed because they (and a handful of their songs like Time and Money) get a lot of attention over other stuff that's just as good.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Music? Never heard of it.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

BiggerBoat posted:

Let Us Spray

Bros supporting bros.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

T'boo Ted?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Where we're going we won't need bathrooms.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought".

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Karate Bastard posted:

Buttery vulvas.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Lobok posted:

Who is that, Meve Startin?

You got it in one.

Just in case it's not a bit: Sam Buttrey

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It's got to be Ehud, the king from Judges who was so fat that the dagger used to kill him was lost in his rolls of fat.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

What Bashir sees when he closes his eyes at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

:aaa:

Holy poo poo. I had forgotten all about that movie and song until you posted that. What a blast from my past....