Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Velocity Raptor posted:

So it''ll be like buying things with cryopto?

Was scrolling reddit earlier and saw one of the big exchanges has blocked all sales and cash withdrawals. Yet another exchange going under after stealing everyone's money.

Just another day in crypto, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Kit Walker posted:

gently caress trains, marry sluts, kill drugs

I thought it was poo poo trains?

Non Compos Mentis posted:

how do you gently caress a train?

apologies for the hosed up aspect ration, it was the only source I could find online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUhMLg-WCnI&t=94s

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Feeling a bit anxious over that wooden lemon thing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

dialhforhero posted:

Is imgur or the forums code hosed because every post with images is just a big blank space to me rn.

Do the images load if you open them directly on imgur?

I see that a lot and it just means imgur are being pricks again with offsite linking - despite it being the sole reason they exist.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
https://i.imgur.com/kFRQ29x.mp4

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
She can cum if she wants to, she can leave her friends behind

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

teen witch posted:

The new documentary about Alex Jones and Sandy Hook has a few soul crushing and absolutely enraging parts. Sometimes at the same time!

Like him going on holiday at a luxury resort on Kauai just a few days ago despite pleading too poor to start paying back his victims?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Neddy Seagoon posted:

SBS, a free-to-air channel in Australia that airs foreign films (mostly late-night with lots of nudity), used to sometimes do a Ghibli film a week. Mostly the Miyazaki films, but Grave of the Fireflies was in the rotation too. I presume deliberately so as a twisted gotcha.

Oh yeah, Des Mangan is a loving monster.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

QR Code Geass posted:

That's the deer poo poo one, right? You drink from crystal clear creeks and something upstream nukes your small intestine.

Remembering those tech bros trying to start a "raw water" company by trespassing on private land and just putting unfiltered stream water into bottles to sell.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I want a link to this one if it's real, because how could anyone be so goddamn stup-

Ah, right.

https://slate.com/technology/2018/01/why-the-raw-water-movement-is-so-obnoxious.html

quote:

Then there’s the stupidity. Raw water enthusiasts trespass on private land, at night, to harvest from secret springs. These people are not only risking legal consequences, they’re risking contracting a bacterial infection or parasite, as physicians and public health experts have warned

Silicon Valley entrepreneurs have found a way to market drinking water up to $36.99 for a 2˝-gallon bottle and refills for $14.99—that’s about 30 times the cost of regular bottled water, which itself costs between 300 and 2,000 times the cost of municipal drinking water.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
2 seconds too long for imgur. A news crew losing it when they have to do a story on national milk day

https://new.reddit.com/r/ContagiousLaughter/comments/1c6n8ir/milk_day/

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Christ reddit is so loving stupid. It was in a bunch of other subs, but they've taken it down because the original sub doesn't "allow" linking to other subs. But the original sub also took it down, so nowhere on reddit is allowed to watch it, apparently.

Here's a youtube link they can't gently caress with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGtuk534f8o&t=61s

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 17:16 on Apr 18, 2024

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Will never stop being funny to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EShUeudtaFg

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Lysol seems like it would really sting if you squirted some up yourself.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Soul Dentist posted:

Those are teethdicks, not dicksteeth

Dick with teeth you say? From a very old photoshop Friday:

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/20LofDg.jpeg:nws:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Spent so long looking at the city mech I didn't notice the thihg I was supposed to be looking at.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Rascar Capac posted:

Rock art is very difficult to date. Any scientific tests you do on the rock will only give you the date the rock first formed. You might be able to get a date from the organic materials in the paint pigments, but taking those samples would mean damaging the art itself.

Being in a cave means the sample could have been disturbed. Being exposed to the air and wind means some of the pigment could break down in ways which interfere with sampling and contaminants could be introduced. Some ancient person walking past with a lit torch after it was made could have introduced 'younger' carbon onto the painting, for example.

Radiometricdating is incredibly difficult and takes a lot of effort and the right conditions.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

3D Megadoodoo posted:

When u tape ur walls.

Are they just poorly put together and there are gaps behind them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I don't see how there could be gaps. Tongue-and-groove panelling isn't exactly know for gaps. Quite the opposite, even.

Maybe there's just a draft coming through.