Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

The Devils are definitely gonna be last in the conference, they're really bad. Maybe they duke it out with Detroit and Buffalo but I'm at least happy to see them losing and getting a better pick in the draft at this point. Big step back this year when I expected pretty much the same as last year and a playoff contention. Get this team some talent, any talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Calgary's in 6th. Let's say the Playoff started today and they played San Jose, what would their chances be?

San Jose would destroy them. I think they could snag a game but a lot would hinge on Elliot not playing like trash against one of the very best teams in the NHL. I'd guess Sharks in five, with Calgary stealing a game on the road in overtime.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Levitate posted:

when he's good he's good when he's bad he's really bad. he's fine as a sheltered 3rd pairing guy but him defending is an adventure and despite everyone claiming "oh but he moves the puck so well out of his own end" it's often an adventure guessing where his passes are going to go

then again the whole rangers team seems to have gotten themselves stuck into the trying ot be fancy as gently caress but no one can make any passes and refuses to fight for pucks or forecheck worth a poo poo

Interesting about Clendening. I haven't watched him closely but I've been hearing about how AV is nuts for not letting him play more because his possession stats are so good, but you've just described some of the downside with those metrics. It's why I always look at things like zone time and quality of competition; some guys shouldn't be playing more than 3rd-pairing sheltered minutes and I suppose he's one of them.

On the other hand, Brady Skjei has been getting better and better all season and boy does he look awesome right now. Rangers fans are lucky to have him.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Uh so did anyone see Connor McDavid play an absolutely insane third period+ against the Pens because god drat is he good

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Buffalo has the best powerplay in the NHL

• Locked thread