Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Though the beautiful Michel is gone, it is clear his spirit remains in the heart of Les Habitants organization.

So as March comes upon us, a bunch of trades happened. TSN Trade Tracker can get you caught up on all the action, but let's look at the teams who really deserve to be laughed at. Starting with, of course, The Montreal Canadiens.

In: F Andreas Martinsen, F Steve Ott, F Dwight King, D Brandon Davidson, D Jordie Benn
Out: F Sven Andrighetto, F David Desharnais, D Greg Pateryn, 2017 4th-round pick, 2018 conditional 4th-round pick

There is not a ton of value in that out section but for drat sure there's a lot more going out than coming in. Steve Ott is one of the bottom 10 players in the league right now and Andreas Martinsen is not far behind. It takes skill to trade your trash for someone else's trash, and actually go down in value. Usually you overvalue your own trash, not other peoples'. Marc Bergevin gets a big fat F.

Another big loser who provided lots of laughs are the Calgary Flames.

In: D Michael Stone, F Curtis Lazar, D Mike Kostka
Out: 2017 2nd-round pick, 2018 3rd-round pick, 2018 conditional 5th-round pick, D Jyrki Jokipakka

Again not a ton of value going out, but oh my god how do you trade for Curtis Lazar?!?!?! Michael Stone isn't good and that was a questionable trade, but it looks like they stole Stone right out of Phoenix in the middle of the night compared to giving up a second round pick for Lazar, who will almost definitely be protected in the expansion draft to make this one even worse.

And last but not least, proving that sometimes you can lose without even trying, the New York Islanders. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. And you still have Jaroslav Halak.

Hockey is cool. Let's go hockey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

Curtis Lazar is going to turn it all around and make Ottawa look foolish.

nah

they don't need help doing that

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

Hey at least we sold Lazar before his value went to zero.

And the odds are the J guy is better than Borowiecki.

the Lazar deal is unbelievable to me. I get that there is the idea he has this massive amount of untapped potential, but he put up bottom line numbers both in normal and fancy stats, he has taken an unbelievable step back this season, and nothing about his development indicates there is much left to come

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/838090040903405568

that doesn't sound good

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the rangers recalled tanner glass. there is a light and it never goes out

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

jared mccann was actually a good boy and a hard worker until the canucks taught him how good sex, drugs, and alcohol are

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

fits posted:

here is a good article on the evolution of coaching

related: put clare drake in the goddamn hhof right loving now

this is really good. someone should forward this to therrien and see if he can learn a thing or two from john tortorella's approach to modern coaching

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the hockey news did some projections on how hosed all the teams are going to be in 2020

https://twitter.com/vanguy/status/840308382351286272

these are the tidbits of hockey news you care about when your team is going to be eliminated :(

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

hagelin is out 4 weeks

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I think it would be cool if the NHL moved towards an NBA-style of rivalry where it's dudes competing with each other to try to be the best there ever was, and the really meaty stuff coming from the friendships that fall apart in pursuit of this*. unfortunately a lot of this hinges on the players having personalities and it would take fiddy years to get us there with hockey, plus it's easier for that to develop in a game with shorter rosters. I guess really that this is a bad idea that is ill suited for the NHL, however it's a cool dream world I am imagining where my sport is popular. we get a bit of it with Crosby but that's about it as far as I can think

*extremely casual NBA viewer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/amandacstein/status/842770481031843840

what a Dick. look at this Bad attitude. how could a player like this ever represent the legendary Habs fanbase?

• Locked thread