Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

The Leafs were the worst team in the league a year ago. It's March and they have a good shot at making the playoffs with a roster that's at the cap floor. A huge chunk of their dead money contracts will be off the books next year. They could get swept by the Bruins in the first round with 4 consecutive games that start 4-1 and end 4-5 for Boston and it would still be a successful season.

They are going to re-sign Polak and protect Matt Martin so it's not all roses, but things are looking pretty good for Edmonton East.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Hell, I remember when some Leafs fans gave Sundin poo poo for not waiving.

Maybe it's just me but it seems like Canadian teams tend to create this loyalty in their franchise players that's counterproductive to both parties when they need to move on. Ryan Smith requested a trade from LA right before they won the cup so that he could go back to play in the tire fire. I don't quite remember the circumstances with Alfredson but I'm pretty sure there was some unnecessary animosity there when he ended up in Detroit as well.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Smith is going to play some time before the season's done. He's one game away from the exposure requirements and we all know that the Leafs are going to protect Matt Martin so they need another vet on top of Fehr that they can sign for a year and expose.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So that's a no.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=160169

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2016/8/25/12637836/adam-brooks-is-better-than-we-think

He's been playing really well since he turned 18 and he's apparently got a really high hockey IQ

We actually have a few prospects that project about the same: Bracco, Timashov, Brooks, Johnnson and Leipsic all kind of fit the mould of smallish forwards that have scored a lot at the lower levels but aren't blue chippers. Our forward roster right now looks pretty stable: Leo, Bozak, and JVR are the only forwards nearing UFA status but Bozak's the only spot where an internal replacement is ready so we could easily see at least one of the other 2 re-signing for 3+years. There's just not enough room for all the depth forward prospects so I wouldn't get too attached to any of them (and this extends to guys like Leivo and Brown as well).

• Locked thread