Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Maybe Ott would injure himself and Shaw during a practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Congrats to whoever gets the Habs in the first round. Pretty much cruise control to round 2 at this point.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

CDX posted:

I hope PK scores like six goals and points at Bergevins box after every one.

:same:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

also lol

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/837463552323686402

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Gio posted:

i dont understand the meaning of the word "shook" the way she used it.

congrats, you're old http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shook

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Anders posted:

How did HAS feel about their recently acquired Norwegian?

He big and strong.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

grack posted:

Talk about damning with faint praise
Considering 1/4 of the new players acquired is Steve Ott, yeah.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Powershift posted:

Alberta is gonna have 2 teams in the playoffs. :kingsley:

gently caress, the pacific division sucks.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

gently caress it, everyone makes the playoffs except the first 15 games are single game elimination. Team with the best regular season record gets a bye to the round 2.

Oh and every game is played on the same day.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/838827962082349056

Goldblum, this is a sneaking mission! Find the grinder that will surpass even Metal Gear!

Also the plant would probably be a better centre than Steve Ott.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

My Jack Adams nominee would be Michel Therrien (for getting fired: the one thing he did right)

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

The Subban deal is fair in the average NHL exec and even fan's perspective.

further proving that it is indeed A Bad Trade

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Pancakes by Mail posted:

In less inspiring Habs news, tonight will see the debut of Dwight King, 2nd liner (Martinsen and Ott are still on the 4th, and this is mostly due to Radulov and Plekanec being out, but still.)

https://twitter.com/JFChaumontJDM/status/839198708373852162

that bottom six :stonk:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Let goalies play the puck anywhere.

I wanna see a surprise 6 on 5 after an icing call.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Suspicious posted:

Emelin back in the lineup. :suicide:

good things can't last forever

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I was never in organized hockey when I was a kid so I was never taught how to hold my stick "properly". I'm a righty that shoots right and stickhandles with the left. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Duckman2008 posted:

Do you have a flat blade and just switch hands?

Nope, had a blade that curves left and never switched hands.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Having the Sens and Rags destroy each other would be a good thing imo

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Duke Chin got his bourgeois beer

Also he has a good shirt

Cannot confirm if Duke has a big bushy mustache just like his av. 4/5

Also, you look like a young Bob McKenzie

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

The only baseball stars I was exposed to as a kid were from Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball for the SNES and that one episode of the Simpsons where Mr. Burns recruits pros to play for the company softball team.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Vegas better be taking Emelin in that loving draft.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Kale posted:

gently caress Emelin man. If he's not playing maybe we make it to OT even against a very good team.

Three goals were entirely his fault. He either decided to take the body rather than go for the puck or completely blow his coverage because he dumb.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

This is happening right now.

For example, though they are offseason friends, scruff bearded robot Sidney Crosby is trying to prove he's better than Brad Marchand, who carried him through the World Cup.

umm wrong, it was when he and MacKinnon were trying to see who could be the better Tim Horton's drive-thru jockey.

Zodijackylite posted:

There are no more rivalries anymore because Habs fans hate Emelin more than Kreider.

Feel free to trade for him to make the dream a reality! :v:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

When you get healthy scratched for motherfucking Emelin, there is no reasonable or logical answer to that question.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Stretch Marx posted:

Well he said the Penguins were going to win the Cup and then Trump got elected. Are you willing to make that gamble?

Maybe it'll undo his presidency.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

HappyHippo posted:

How did Paul Byron suddenly become good this year?

Byron has been surprisingly good since Montreal claimed him off waivers. He's having a career high season. Also helps that they're not tying Brian Flynn and Steve Ott-shaped anchors to him and slotting him in the top-9 like they're supposed to.

Calgary should give up Dougie Hamilton to the Habs. I hear he's a bum that likes partying too much.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

gently caress the Leafs forever and ever. They were never cool and are always lame.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Snapped this picture at a stoplight on the commute home from work today. Wanna buy this dude a beer. :cheers:

no truck nuts

6/10

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Ties are for soccer.

We must deal in absolutes. :colbert:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lol :drat:

I have my own petty reasons for not wanting Columbus to win the Cup and that is Ohio went to Trump and gently caress that noise.

And I guess Fartsmell is pro-Trump as well.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Kilza posted:

I'd be fine with the Jackets winning the Cup. They're not my first choice, but I'd much rather they won the Cup than some teams that will/could get in (Pittsburgh, Chicago, Calgary, Toronto to name a few).

Good news! Toronto will never win another Cup.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

xzzy posted:

..planes crashing into rivers..

drat, son

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Winning the Cup twice, Olympic gold twice, and World Championship wasn't enough for Sidney. No, he wants something more. He wants human trophies.

So don't be surprised the next time you see Crosby sporting a necklace of ears.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Even if Anderson stayed in net, the Leafs would have lost anyway.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Tomie knows me posted:

The Wild are busy turning that into an art.

Except they tend to stay dead in the playoffs.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I don't know what's gotten into Sven Andrighetto lately, but good for him. Dude scored twice tonight, he now has 7-4-11 in 13 games with Colorado. Plus the Flames won, one more win and they're in for sure, so best possible result, really, I've always liked Sven.

Siiiiiigh

Fire Bergevin.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Isn't one of the draft rules is that a player from each team must be chosen?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Andrei Markov is now tied for 2nd with Guy Lapointe in all-time points by a defenceman in franchise history. :toot:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Kilza posted:

The Detroit Red Wings playoff streak is officially over.

:rip:

They'll finally shut up about it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Teemu Pokemon posted:

lol if you don't think that the team with the longest active streak every year won't get compared to them at random points during the season and during every single playoff game until someone breaks it or the world ends

yeah but i'll probably won't hear about it during this year's playoffs so i'm good!

• Locked thread