Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
If you ice the puck with an empty net, you shouldn't be allowed to put the goalie back in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
TVR Dumb.
And this is coming from his third biggest apologist behind his mother and my girlfriend.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Anisimov died, and the Blackhawks shot with him. RIP, you passed sometimes to scoring dudes.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
There's exciting defensive teams that play well in transition, and there's boring as gently caress ones called the Senators. God your team is boring Ottawa!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
3 Goals in 34 seconds is one goal every 17 seconds. Makes you think.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

hifi posted:

UFAs and RFAs can be signed in the vegas draft and they count for a player selected from their team too.

Serious question: Does Vegas take Scott Darling?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

JoelJoel posted:

I know it's probably only big nerds who care, but why hold back? I can't think of a single reason other than maybe they don't want us to know how stupid most gms actually are (we know).

Do they actually have a secret no-fun policy?

E: nah, I gave it some more thought. It's gotta be like 60 out-of-touch and 40 incompetence/stupidity.

They want all their players to feel needed!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Thursday the Hawks are going to spot opponents a 4 goal lead, and then a five, and so forth and so on until they lose in regulation.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Yeah, Toews made zero effort to avoid contact.
(And no, Darling only made contact with Henrik after the puck was past him)

Eh, there was no interference on both sides.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

xzzy posted:

Yeah but we don't understand the specifics of the process. Does credit go to the first person who announces it in a season, and their team gets the championship?

I :toxx:ed to missing the playoffs in 2015 and they won, so did I do it, or did they do it in spite of me? Or does even mentioning it make it impossible?

Edit: Then I :toxx: to Hillary so I'm 0-2.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Zat posted:

Yeah, it's the same overtime rules.

How many overtimes would a game have to go before it delayed the next one? Or, with the hours lost due to timezones, finish after the next one began?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kilza posted:

It's okay, Washington will win the President's Trophy and whoever is the 2nd Wild Card will still take the Caps to 7 games. :v:

It's going to be Chicago and then they'll lose int he playoffs to the Wild and Washington wins it all, because the world is upside down and the Cubs won and Trump won.

Slash chat: Didn't the sens get really mad about a slash on Stone ending a playoff run or something in the last year or two?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Hot Take from department of player safety

:effort:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It was a big dumb loss like this that caused me to panic and assume the Hawks were going nowhere fast in 2015.
I suppose now I'll guess it's their turn to Panik and go nowhere fast.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I was seriously just saying how I thought the Hawks were going to waste all their bullshit luck getting the president's trophy or best in the west, and now here's a loss by a touchdown and it's ok because now they'll just run out of luck and start playing like poo poo immediately. Why wait for playoffs?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Aphrodite posted:

The Jack Adams is for bad coaches.

Jack Daniels

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Poor Colorado has to play Chicago, and then a pair with both Minnisota and St Louis.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Why does it always seem like Chicago has played more games than everyone else?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

DJExile posted:

They haven't? :confused:

It's just that NBC/NBCSN can't stop beating off to them.

Every time I go to look at the standings, it seems like they're a game or two ahead. In the middle of the year it was more obvious when they were in a tight race with Minnesota who was like four games in hand. Now they're racing with the Metro, and those teams also have games in hand. I remember this happening last year and before. Maybe I just have the worst timing?

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 29, 2017

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
21st century smallpox blankets. Assuming anyone shows up to get the mumps.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kilza posted:

The Golden Knights are starting to get into some pre-game routines:

https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/847856569551175680

Please cancel the expansion draft so the team is just this guy forever with imaginary friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kilza posted:

The problem with this line of thinking is that Anaheim would have home ice advantage against the Flames (barring something weird happening), and given that the Flames have not won in Anaheim in 11 years (including playoffs) they'd be in tough to try and take home ice advantage away from the Ducks.

Cubs won the World Series, Oilers are in the playoffs, Redwings out. Streaks and droughts are ending.

• Locked thread