Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
gently caress Keith, but that's definitely holding the stick as much as or more so than it is hooking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Kilza posted:

Considering they do things like this it shouldn't be much of a surprise:
https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/838204041633103872

Hahaha omg

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

JollyPubJerk posted:

Lehner is now 0-21 on shootout attempts.

Also, the reffing in this league is getting egregiously bad. Both Eichel and Kane are mauled down by thrown sticks and grabs on a breakaway with no call, but a player drops his stick when someone touched it and they call interference on it, in overtime.

Seriously that was the worst slashing call ever. It wasn't even embellishment, just two sticks barely touched each other and one player wasn't holding their stick enough.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
3 point game wins, 2 points win in OT (1 point to loser), 1 point win in shootout (0 points to loser) imo. Regulation wins as tie breaker, then ROW.

Division lead gets guaranteed playoff spot, but no more divisional playoffs. Everything is wildcard otherwise.

Fake edit and half jokingly: And bottom teams that don't get to the playoffs have a loser bracket to determine who gets the best draft pick order. No more worst teams always getting the best picks.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

DJExile posted:

A straight-up league seeding would give us this as of right now:

Toronto vs. Washington, Isles vs. Wild, Nashville vs. Chicago, Boston vs CBJ, Ottawa vs. Pittsburgh, Calgary vs. NYR, Anaheim vs. San Jose, and Edmonton vs. Montreal.

Not gonna lie, that would own.

gently caress it, I'm on board

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Overwined posted:

Not to mention, I'm sure at first a good 2/3rds of their roster will be people that should never spend more than 2-3 games out of the AHL every season.

Well at least they'll do better than Colorado then

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

shyduck posted:

The big problem with making the nets bigger is it makes every net in the world obsolete. It'd be like if the NBA changed the rim size or height.

What?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

DOOMocrat posted:

Most nets are NHL standard. A bigger NHL standard would make the old nets not standard. Pretty simple.

Oh I'm dumb and thought it was arguing that changing NHL would somehow effect other sports.

I get it now.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Jordan7hm posted:

Remove icing for attempted passes. Leave it for clears.

And how do you draw the line on what's what?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Start with 5 min of 4v4, then 10min of 3v3

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Yeah I'm not arguing in favor of an extra point. I just find the idea of a sporting event ending in a tie to be dissatisfying, and orthogonal to the whole purpose of sports, which is to separate winners & losers, not to measure teams' relative abilities as accurately as possible (it is not, after all, the Corsi Hockey League).

I agree though that the shootout is almost, if not as dissatisfying as a tie. 3v3 feels like the perfect compromise in terms of being able to quickly determine a winner while still relying on something resembling normal hockey gameplay. I have a feeling if they extended 3v3 to 10 minutes and if that went unresolved the game would end in a tie with no points awarded, we would see very few if any ties and we would see a lot of fun and exciting overtimes.

Why should you separate winners and losers when both teams are losers and tie?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

AsInHowe posted:

The Red Wings had their best combined effort of the season! Turning things on for the first time all year.

And a sweet winner by Mantha to finish it off

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

deoju posted:

"He's a whiner... He hurt my player and should be suspended!" Literally in the same breath.

Slashes worse than that happen every game without a penalty.

Slashes worse than mangling someone's finger happen every game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Powershift posted:

Apparently while scoring the game winning goal against carolina, Anthanasiou hit the goalie eddie lack in the head with his shoulder, and he went down and hasn't moved since. they took him off on a stretcher. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

https://twitter.com/TomSanna93/status/846540231079858176

He gave a thumbs up on his way off, not that that guarantees anything.

• Locked thread