Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

yellowcar posted:

Isn't one of the draft rules is that a player from each team must be chosen?

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/status/846723538044276737

Basically, Canucks potential available players are so bad they aren't considered to be part of the top 23 for Vegas (in their opinion, anyways), but Vegas will have to take one.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

The Detroit Red Wings playoff streak is officially over.

:rip:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

Oh you sweet innocent child. Whoever currently holds the longest playoff record is going to be compared endlessly to Detroit now.

I really hope it isnt Chicago. I dont need more reasons to hate the media around my favourite team.

Pittsburgh holds the longest playoff streak now. They've made it 11 seasons now.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

:siren: The Edmonton Oilers have clinched a playoff spot for the first time since 2006! :siren:

:woop: :woop: :woop:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

The fact the Oilers playoff drought and Wings playoff streak ended on the same day is amazing. I love it.

fits posted:

the last time detroit missed the playoffs, the edmonton oilers won the stanley cup

:getin:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

fits posted:

also oilers officially switching to the orange jerseys fulltime for playoffs+next year :yeah:

I figured they would wear the orange jerseys during the playoffs when news came out in January that they were switching to the orange jerseys next season. Still, great to hear it confirmed.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/drosennhl/status/847191403948118017

Good. I can't wait to see what lovely players get protected and which good players don't get protected.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So Calgary lost. Had they won in regulation they'd have clinched. Is that still the case or do they need 2 wins, or....?

Flames need just 2 points. Kings max out at 91 points but win the tiebreaker vs. Calgary, necessitating the need for the 2nd point.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/847618330215174144

Admittedly, I don't know too too much about Zaitsev, but isn't that a lot for him?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

It'd be nice if Boston and Toronto could start losing some more games so that way Tampa and Carolina can get closer to them (or even pass them) and make the East playoff race more exciting.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

fits posted:

oilers are one point behind the ducks for 1st in the pacific, and will pass them with any sort of win against them saturday (currently tied on row and season series points)

oilers schedule after ducks: kings, sharks, canucks twice
ducks: calgary twice, sharks, kings

:getin:

Oilers are 16-5-3 against the Pacific this season as well, best of any Pacific team. It's definitely possible they can win the Pacific. Really, as long as they beat the Ducks and then match the Ducks point-for-point to end the season, they've got it.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

The Golden Knights are starting to get into some pre-game routines:

https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/847856569551175680

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

tofes posted:

Im in hell

If it makes you feel better, your next two games are against the Canucks. Surely even the Sharks can beat up the Canucks...right?

e: Preds are the only Western Conference team who won't clinch a playoff spot in March. That sure is a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

They will face either the Oilers or Ducks, which I can honestly see them winning a series against if their goaltending can hold up. I doubt they slide to WC2 and thus get to avoid facing any Central teams.

e: I guess if SJ stops making GBS threads itself down the stretch they could be a potential opponent, which I could see giving the Flames a much harder time.

The problem with this line of thinking is that Anaheim would have home ice advantage against the Flames (barring something weird happening), and given that the Flames have not won in Anaheim in 11 years (including playoffs) they'd be in tough to try and take home ice advantage away from the Ducks.

For the Oilers, the Oilers swept the season series and did so while lighting up the Flames goaltending. Granted, the last game was in January, but I have more confidence in Talbot being able to provide better goaltending than Elliott over a 7 game series, as well as the fact the Oilers have arguably the best line in the NHL in Maroon-McDavid-Draisaitl and the Flames would be in tough to try and stop it.

• Locked thread