Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chows
Apr 13, 2002

in exchange for the PJ Stock jersey I will tweet to PJ Stock that the value of a PJ Stock jersey is one tweet to PJ Stock about the value of his jersey and tweets and whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Flyinglemur posted:

No one wants a PJ Stock jersey on the cheap? I would say that I was surprised but I like you people and don't want to lie to you.

Chows posted:

in exchange for the PJ Stock jersey I will tweet to PJ Stock that the value of a PJ Stock jersey is one tweet to PJ Stock about the value of his jersey and tweets and whatever

and I'll wear it to a Bruins@Canucks game sometime I guess, final offer

I don't want the hat

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

I went to the game last night it was fun they still really don't like Marchand there ok thanks for reading :)

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

aejix posted:

But without them, we'd never have been blessed with this:

https://youtu.be/EN2_PSs2Pjc

Every time I watch it I like something else - the goalie sticking with the play til the whistle, whatever the gently caress "GET THE WHEELS ON THE BUS(?)" means, the mortified lady with blonde hair walking back to her seat going "oh god not this bullshit again". A perfect microcosm of junior hockey stereotypes

WAY TO GO, PAUL

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Duke Chin posted:

It was loving grand. That, plus all the hats on the ice for an away player's hat trick. :discourse::kiss:

I was thinking maybe the hate had started to die down a bit, but based on all the booing when they announced his goals, nope, not yet.

quote:

also secondary trip report: duuuuude rogers arena is easily the coldest loving arena I've ever sat in. That beat out both TD Garden and The Joe in mid February in negative-degree temperatures and easily any of the other pro stadiums I've been in. brr.

The only experience I have with NHL arenas is Rogers, but I've been about five times now and never had a problem with the temperature. Pretty sure I've been colder in ShoWare for TBirds games before. Really nice building at any rate, I didn't realize what a dump the Key is until I made a trip up there.

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Duke Chin posted:

Yeah but they boo'd the poo poo out of him when they announced his first goal, too.

The nucks fan next to me up in the nosebleeds was just laughing and shaking his head during the hat toss in a very :ughh:-like fashion. Also, I didn't even notice until later it was a natural hatty at that - for some reason (beer) I thought he had his first goal in the 2nd period.

Krejci scored between Brad's 2nd and 3rd

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

the Oilers are back, baby

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Honestly I've always kinda liked Burrows for the same reasons I like Marchand. Obviously without the superstar upside, but he's a pest with some skill and I find that appealing.

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Adam McQuaid.

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Apropos of nothing I met Phil the Stanley Cup GuyTM at the Thunderbirds game tonight, he was there with a few artifacts from the 1917 champion Seattle Metropolitans team. It was cool and he's nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Duke Chin posted:

The blonde No Country For Old Men looking dude? Didn't know they were doing that poo poo last night

There was nothing on the website, no signage at the entrance and I didn't hear anything about it during the game. Just a couple merch tables out on the west concourse with the historical stuff at the end. I sit on the east side so I never would've known about any of it if I hadn't heard the one announcement during Friday's game. Pretty disappointing really, he came all the way out here with some really cool stuff and the organization didn't even seem to put a minimum effort into promoting it.

• Locked thread