Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I wasn't paying attention to team colors but when I saw the goalie start to protect the trapezoid instead of the goal crease, I knew it had to be MAF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I got this funny feeling that the expansion draft is going to set the Blue Jackets back a number of years.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

It's not going to help, but it's not great it's happening in a year where the CBJ have been so strong. The way I see it:

There's not really an anchor among the players who have to be protected- Foligno has redeemed himself and Hartnell has kept up a decent scoring pace in reduced minutes. The feeling is Clarkson would waive.

Up front, you would assume Clarkson waives his NMC, possibly Hartnell (to that end, does Vegas pick him?). If Hartnell does, you then have to decide which of the above forwards to protect...and that's a difficult question- it's a dead heat between Calvert/Karlsson/Anderson. If Vegas takes Sedlak, you've dodged a massive bullet; it's not that he's bad, it's just the others are that much better.

I can't see them taking Sedlak at all. He just hasn't produced enough to be visible. Karlsson, maybe, but I think Anderson is probably their target.

quote:

The third D to protect is a tough question. Murray hasn't been as good this year as in previous years, but is young and JMFJ is going into a contract year. No matter what, you're keeping much of the core: Werenski and Nutivaara are ineligible, Jones, Savard, and one of Murray or Johnson stay. You may not lose the other.

I think JMFJ has really improved over last year, believe it or not. He's controlled the puck a lot better overall. Murray is still young but he's been hurt a lot. I don't know who to choose.

quote:

In net, the target is Korpisalo. The question is there an eventual backup among Forsberg, Dansk, or Merzlikins? Forsberg is solid in the AHL, but just can't seem to get it done in Columbus.

Forsberg has had a rough couple of games, lately. He hasn't been that consistent.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Guys, if the Penguins play the Blue Jackets in the playoffs, Dubinsky and JMFJ will ensure Crosby suffers.

• Locked thread