Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Good Canadian Boy posted:

If you all aren't rooting for the leafs to slip into the playoffs and play against Montreal or Ottawa you have no heart.

*yawn*

*stretch*

Hi guys what have I missed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

You take 16 shots and whaddya get

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

glynnenstein posted:

Good lord the Toronto media culture is toxic. Leafs lose badly, is it because they went fishing 2 days ago?

At least Mirtle considers the possibility that it isn't literally sunshine that makes the Leafs bad. It could be a "scarier proposition": maybe the Leafs aren't that good yet.

It's toxic, but is it toxic enough to chase a guy off of twitter just for liking a few bigoted tweets and being away so the team could start winning again?

quote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bobby-ryan-deletes-twitter-taking-controversial-tweets-with-him-210516089.html

What didn’t make the TSN story, either because Ryan didn’t address it or because it wasn’t on writer Ian Mendes’s radar, were some questionable decisions by Ryan to support Islamophobic rhetoric and other controversial messages.

Ryan’s prejudiced behaviour on twitter goes beyond his tweets. His “likes” are a dumpster fire of racism. They reveal a penchant for agreeing with the worst racists active in American politics right now. He’s liked tweets about Donald Trump preventing Muslims from entering the United States and racists tweets about Barack Obama. There are more examples. This is a pattern, this is prejudice. Like everyone, he’s entitled to his opinions. Like everyone, he’s not above criticism.

His deletion of Twitter coincided with some hockey fans taking a run at him for the team playing well in his absence.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

What's Hjalmarsson so upset about?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

He wasn't intentionally trying to amputate his finger but it was definitely an intentional slash.

https://gfycat.com/ifr/FinishedShallowAntelope

It sucks for the guy, our #2 defenseman's out for the rest of the season, but it's a move you see a hundred times a night

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

It's getting damned hard for Eugene to keep his playersprofits healthy with thugs like Crosby and the Olympics roaming around

Better launch an investigation to get to the bottom of this.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Also Melnyk calling someone, anyone, out on being a gigantic whiner is the kind of irony that makes universes fold in on themselves.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

He's got an oddly rectangular forehead but I think calling him a freak is a bit strong.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

And the rest of us are hoping their plans are ruined by Hamilton.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

For a moment I wasn't sure if it was a mock draft they were holding, or if the team was making a mockery of the draft. Guess it's both.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Twin Cinema posted:

I am sure someone else can answer this, but was there a change to the rules in expansion drafts between the period when the Sharks/Sens drafted and when the next four teams drafted? The Thrashers look bad, but they did get some decent players, which is more than can be said by the absolute trainwrecks of the Sharks/Sens.

You can protect far fewer players now than you could in 1992, and people nearer the start of their careers are exempt. I remember being annoyed that some team with a pile of great goalies traded for some schmo just so they could expose him, but it really didn't matter because the rest of that team was horrifyingly bad anyway.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

ThinkTank posted:

Lombardi's getting more creative with ways to get out of those long term contracts.

No, he's just looking for ways to cut down on the jersey budget.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

I'm disappointed they didn't work the word "buy-o-flail" in there.

Leeder wasn't the problem. Fans thinking the guy funding the team is equal parts lunatic tyrant and cheap idiot is the problem. Still, I'm not convinced this isn't basically every NHL owner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/MonikaPlatek/status/847975803967197189

Please break that microphone and throw it into the stands.

• Locked thread