Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I mean, for me at least, even Bruins-Habs hasn't felt like a real rivalry for years now. 2011 was probably the last time, I think. We had that February game with the line brawl (and Thomas and Price fighting), Chara breaking Pacioretty's neck, and the playoff series that went to game 7 OT. You could tell the team's genuinely disliked each other. Now we have dumb poo poo like "Marchand and Gallagher are pals during the summer" - what a thrilling rivalry.

Pretty much. I still dislike the Habs and all their fans, but since 2011 the fire has gone out. Same with Red Sox/Yankees since 2004.

Maybe it's cause I'm not getting blackout drunk and picking fights at every game anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I don't like olives

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Hand Knit posted:

I feel owned.

??? I thought we were just naming things we didn't like. Black olives are gross. Green ones are ok though.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Paulocaust posted:

Just want to remind all you PLEBS that the Maple Leafs are the greatest sports team

That's not even true if you limit it to just teams from Toronto c'mon man

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Good

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Mind_Taker posted:

https://twitter.com/MAGodin/status/847799982132535297

Fuckin' lol at the guy who did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzZvG5O9Rg0

saying that. But the funniest part is probably "I think he's a pretty good defenseman."

"attack"

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Mind_Taker posted:

Yeah I'd say a slewfoot followed by punching a dude in the head while he was lying on the ice falls under the definition of "attack."

Maybe teach Orpik not to play with matches if he doesn't want to get burned.

He's right though. Lots of no accountability losers in the league right now that need a good punch to the head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Mind_Taker posted:

Including Shawn Thornton. He should embrace being the villain rather than trying to seem like a hero (who is really lovely at hockey).

Shawn Thornton is a hero and all around Good Guy. I mean just look at how he takes out that penguin, all of whom are Bad Guys

• Locked thread