Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Quest For Glory II posted:

the best thing about being at last nights flyers game was when they advertised hats in their shop were now 30% off lol
They usually do a sale when a player gets a hat trick, but they must've felt bad about the false alarm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I don't know how the Flyers do it, but maybe the players wanted Bellemare to have it. Plus there's only like a month left anyway (lol playoffs)

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ugh the Flyers have a road trip at the end of the month going through Winnipeg, Minnesota, Columbus and Pittsburgh. I can't help but feel that's going to be the season right there

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The team with the longest playoff streak in league history that's about to miss the playoffs wants more playoff teams now, shocker

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

So the Atlantic is the new Southeast Division

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Holy gently caress that's frightening :stare:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The big problem with making the nets bigger is it makes every net in the world obsolete. It'd be like if the NBA changed the rim size or height.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Mar 8, 2017

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

DOOMocrat posted:

Get rid of the blue lines, IMO. You wanna rover, whatever. You're taking liberties with your own defense.
Would there still be offsides via the red line or is it just anything goes, park a guy at the opposing net at all times?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Call more penalties, but I don't want it to go back to post-lockout when there was a penalty every 8 seconds.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Penalty lengths will be issued via dice roll

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Mind_Taker posted:

Make it so that the goalie doesn't have a glove, but rather two blocker pads.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Flyers are starting Neuvirth tonight :suicide:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I mean there is this:

https://twitter.com/Del_Gaone/status/839898314569105408

...but I've always been more "what have you done for me lately" when it comes to goaltending. We don't want to run Mase into the ground either, but they're coming off a day's rest and this is a very pivotal game tonight, so... who knows.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

How the gently caress is it only 4?!

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

.Spec posted:

They could have given him a billion games and it'd have had the same effect.

None. It'll have no effect cause it's not like he was going to be playing anyways
You're exactly right, and that's a problem. They brought up a guy for one game specifically to be a shitbag, and mission accomplished. Sestito will be sent back to WBS if he hasn't already and it'll be like nothing happened.

edit: Just to clarify, the hit certainly wasn't the most egregious thing I've seen, but the context is troubling.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 10, 2017

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I hate Dave Hakstol

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Flyers drop their 3rd straight, all in regulation. They were tied going into the final period of each game.

1 for 8 on PP tonight, 2 for their last 22. They had no shots on their last power play at the tail end of the game with the goalie pulled. They also had no shots on an albeit slightly brief 5 on 3.

I'm not sure what has to be done, but it's probably going to be the same bullshit next season.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

triple sulk posted:

I hate to say it but Giroux's contract is really gonna gently caress things up for the foreseeable future unless they can offload him to a team with cap space. Unless it's Hakstol's system that's causing him to be less effective, which maybe it is. I don't even know any more to be honest. I haven't watched a ton the last couple months just because of how frustratingly bad the hockey has been.
I've gotten more comfortable with the thought that unless something changes, Giroux will be on another team within the couple of years. I don't think he's untouchable anymore. He's going to be out of his prime by the time this team is ready to contend.

edit: $8.2M cap hit the next few seasons, ugh

shyduck fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Mar 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I have a few memories of playing in youth games, literally standing and talking with players on the other team, while we're watching out parents fight.

• Locked thread