Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I don't like woke SAS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Elliott has been better lately (he's won 5 consecutive starts with .952 SV pct, and he played well enough to win 4 of them), but as long as we play Wideman every night that probably matters less than I'd like it too.

Wideman has been munching popcorn since the arrival of Mike Stone. Coincidentally, when removed from Dennis Wideman, TJ Brodie looks like an NHL defenceman again. Wideman has played his last game of NHL hockey.

And the Flames look GOOD. People should watch them.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Kilza posted:

So after the Oilers got dominated by the Habs and got lucky they didn't lose 6-1, this loving quote comes out:

https://twitter.com/Sun_Tychkowski/status/841125000652369920

Like holy poo poo. That quote basically sums up how the Oilers have been playing ever since the All-Star break. They're way too complacent with where they are. They've been playing like poo poo in most of their games. They're 7-9-1 since the All-Star break, 2-4-1 in their last 7, they've gone from fighting for 1st in the Pacific to being in a wild card spot and being within striking distance of LA. They have 14 games left, 7 against the California teams and I seriously doubt they can win any one of those games. Hell, I even doubt they can win more than 1 of the 3 games they have against Vancouver right now.

Like, gently caress. This team is just so loving bad right now and they're going to miss the playoffs yet again after having a playoff spot for the entire season. And even if they do make it they'll just get swept by whoever they face. :smith:

I like it i love it i want some more of it

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

The Golden Man posted:

Matthew Tkachuk owns

Yep. He's super great. That's my kinda hockey player.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Drunk Canuck posted:

We know, mennoknight.

You think a mennonite would pay for two accounts in 2 here???

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Duck Rodgers posted:

Mennonites in western Canada are much more chill and modern than the ones in Eastern Canada. The ones in Ontario still drive around in horse buggies.

Jacob trouba ended up replacing buff last night so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. But the jets still only got 18 shots

It's not necessarily a geographic thing. It's a sect based thing. I have some old order relatives who literally wont use zippers.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

This got me wondering, so I looked up for comparison the last time a goalie won (2014-15, Price):
1) Price- 44-16-6, 1.96GAA, .933SV% (95.41% of vote)
2) Ovechkin- 53G-28A-81P (56.56%)
3) Tavares- 38G-48A-86P (47.07)

Dubnyk was fourth.

Compare this to a hypothetical Crosby/McJesus/Bob as it stands now:
Crosby- 42-40-82
McDavid- 26-62-88
Bobrovsky- 40-13-5, 1.99, .934

It's awfully similar, with the difference being Crosby and McDavid will finish with more points than Ovie/Tavares and Bob's numbers still have time to either improve or, possibly, slip. As you said, nobody's getting 50 goals and/or 100 points.

The difference being that the habs were dogshit without Price, and the Jackets would make the playoffs with adequate goaltending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

TeamJesus posted:

Pierre LeBrun and Joe McDonald have Vegas winding up with Ferland from the Flames?

He'll be protected. He's become a perfect fit on the top line with Gaudreau and Monahan. The Flames have been really high on him for years and it's paying off.

Brouwer/Stajan/Bouma are the likely bets on F.

No, you see the flames are so deep at RW that they will let go Micheal so we can have more Alex Chiasson, top line winger. Someone i seriously wonder if some of these guys who write about hockey actually watch hockey.

• Locked thread