Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

The expansion draft takes place before trading can resume.

I thought LV can still negotiate with teams that want to protect someone that would be exposed right up until the expansion draft. So the Pens could still theoretically pay LV to not take Murray. It would probably cost them a gently caress ton though.

e: Like, LV could be all "OK we wont take Murray but it will cost you a Malkin" and then they trade their 7th round pick for Malkin and Murray protection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Krime posted:

Gonna be nice to spend Kunitz's $ on him.

He is still Crosby's BFF, he is going to get another extension. How much is the only question.

e: Holy poo poo is he really 36?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

xzzy posted:

I propose we call this the hatcheck.

Sounds way too similar to the Hascheck

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

DJExile posted:

I think it'd been planned to go up there as of a year or two ago but the canadian dollar being down postponed it.

Its less the Canadian dollar and more Rogers driving away a ton of viewers/fans in Canada by airing the worst product we've seen since the FOX glowy puck era.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Schlesische posted:

I don't know why, but buying a bad player out never seems to be an option if you're a GM.

Its basically the most embarrassing way to admit you hosed up big time.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wonderllama posted:

Levitate will like ovi when he's 43 and playing for the rangers.

He will be fighting for a roster spot with Tanner Glass and Dan Girardi though.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

Anisimov died, and the Blackhawks shot with him. RIP, you passed sometimes to scoring dudes.

I was at work and missed the game, what happened? :ohdear:

e:
https://twitter.com/NHLBlackhawks/status/841829112813629440

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 15, 2017

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Our team only has 2 hall of famers and an all star right now.

I dont remember Hawks or Bruins fans being like this after their Cup wins. Hockey died both years LA won so I dont know if Kings fans were like that.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Someone tell Minnesota its too late to tank to draw the Pacific division in the playoffs. They are going to have to play Chicago at some point. :colbert:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mage_Boy posted:

Sundqvist just got injured by being boarded at the end on an AHL game with no penalty because the AHL still insists that one referee works. I'm glad the injury curse includes the minor league Pens as well.

Its the price you must pay for denying the Sharks their first Cup. Crosby is saving his season ending injury for the first game of the playoffs.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

HookShot posted:

Hey have any of you guys gone and seen the Goon sequel and is it any good? I didn't even know they were making one then today saw an ad going "now playing"

I liked it.

Also there was a split second during a crowd shot where Im visible so that makes it movie of the year 2017.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Schlesische posted:

Then you remember the "Toronto" part of it.

Don't worry, if you don't the wider hockey media will make sure to remind you 60 quintillion times during the playoffs that "THE LEAFS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS THE LEAFS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS i guess the oilers break their own decade long drought and are in the playoffs too THE LEAFS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS THE LEAFS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS".

Followed by the inevitable "THE LEAFS ARE SWEPT BY WASHINGTON, WORLD CRIES REAL TEARS".

Try living in the Toronto area while not being a Leafs fan. You quickly realize Leafs fans are Kings fans of the north.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

JawKnee posted:

Under Willie Desjardins, neither of the Sedins are going to break 50 pts, probably.

God drat

For the love of god please trade them to a contender team next year so they can end their careers on a high note. :smith:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

CDX posted:

Oh man your sat in the BMC on that hot as balls day?

It wasnt that hot. I dont think it ever went higher than 35. Also worth it since I missed the NHL players/cast showing up at some pub at like 1am. I wanted to show Seguin all of DOOMocrats Stars posts so he could watch a fan go from top of the world to suicide watch in the span of a single season. Sometimes in the span of a single game.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Look Around You posted:

D:

Crosby's gotten just a little bit out of hand these past few games...

Last time I remember Crosby getting chippy/dirty like Malkin he was accidentally gifted a metal jaw from one of his teammates. :tinfoil:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

There are only a handful of constants in the universe. The Wild losing to the Hawks in the playoffs is one of them.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I kind of want Columbus to win the East and have them face Boston. I think that would be a pretty drat entertaining series. Plus it would give us WSH-PIT again! And NYR-MTL again (gently caress Chris Kreider)! And the battle of Ontario!

The West really doesnt look like its going to have any good match ups. The West sucks this year.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Grraarrgghh posted:

That is the saddest roster I've seen in years. My god.

What the hell is the Avs excuse?

Joe Sakic might be the worst GM in the league.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

LumpyGumby you need to make one of those fire sale videos like they did for the Sabres a few years back, but for the Avs.

e: It would be therapeutic! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I40HfH1UiXo

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

yellowcar posted:

yeah but i'll probably won't hear about it during this year's playoffs so i'm good!

Oh you sweet innocent child. Whoever currently holds the longest playoff record is going to be compared endlessly to Detroit now.

I really hope it isnt Chicago. I dont need more reasons to hate the media around my favourite team.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kilza posted:

Pittsburgh holds the longest playoff streak now. They've made it 11 seasons now.

More reasons to hate the Pens is good though!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hand Knit posted:

How the hell is Taylor Hall giving an interview this interesting and articulate?

There was probably a lot of "uh" and "er" and "bananna" removed to make it more legible.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

There is a very good chance the Avalanche do not win another game this season.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Maybe the East should stop letting teams who can't win like New York, New Jersey and Tampa Bay get to the finals then.

*willfully ignores 2013*

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

That one doesn't count because Chicago cheated.

Sure.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

DJExile posted:

This is the most flyers thing

So... Hakstol is actually really bad?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

So I was having a fun argument/discussion with my dad about how the playoffs are shaping up. The only things we could agree on are that the Rangers are somehow getting no attention and the most likely team to win the East and that the Blackhawks are probably going to get upset in the first round.

I hope we are wrong because a Ducks/Rags SCF would be almost as bad as the Kings/Rags one.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kilza posted:

If it makes you feel better, your next two games are against the Canucks. Surely even the Sharks can beat up the Canucks...right?

e: Preds are the only Western Conference team who won't clinch a playoff spot in March. That sure is a thing.

Dont the Preds clinch if LA loses in regulation tonight?

e: nope, worst case for Nashville they tie and it comes to ROW which cant be decided yet.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Flames in those playoffs, son! Hooray!

I mean, we're likely looking at 1st round exit, but still. There are reasons to be excited even if that happens.

They will face either the Oilers or Ducks, which I can honestly see them winning a series against if their goaltending can hold up. I doubt they slide to WC2 and thus get to avoid facing any Central teams.

e: I guess if SJ stops making GBS threads itself down the stretch they could be a potential opponent, which I could see giving the Flames a much harder time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I feel like the Oilers playoff inexperience is going to be the biggest thing both for and against them. Its going to be interesting to see how things go in the Pacific.

• Locked thread