Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Fire Blashill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I don't know why I found this so funny but I'm dying.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Beat writers are starting to pen thoughts about Blashill being fired. All glory to the blood god.

Also, Fire Holland.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Y'all crazy. Blashill sucks and is clearly responsible for failures of player development. Basically every single player has regressed under his watch. That can be a problem of overall roster makeup but it's also a problem of coaching.

Fire 'em both.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I'm not about to buy into the idea that Holland is telling Blashill to bench AA or Mantha, or that Nyquist and Tatar shouldn't be given first line minutes, or that Larkin shouldn't play center. Blashill has a bad roster to work with, but he's also managing it poorly. DeKeyser isn't a #1 defensemen but seeing him turn into garbage overnight should be concerning, especially when you can't exactly say that he was riding the coattails of Niklas Kronwall. Mrazek has been playing behind a poo poo defense his entire career but has faced two seasons now of being jerked around in favor of Howard, who is objectively worse, and Jared Coreau.

The overall team sucks and that is Holland's fault -- and Holland should be fired above all else -- but :lol: if Blashill is a good NHL coach. Plenty of dudes are fine at lower levels and don't bring that performance to the big show. He's had two years and hasn't made a single player better, and that is literally his only job right now because winning isn't in the picture. His zone deployment is awful, his line juggling is awful, his roster management is awful. He's not good, and he's certainly not someone I want to entrust a youth movement to.

edit: His treatment of AA and Larkin alone should have Detroit fans worried about what will happen in Mantha's sophomore season, or what will happen with Svechnikov if he gets a shot (lol Holland).

i am the bird fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 10, 2017

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Teemu Pokemon posted:

says armchair goon in direct opposition of the guy's actual boss

The post-2013 roster v. the pre-2013 roster are very different in terms of Holland's 'favor the vets' strategy. Playing your best players to maintain The Streak and making sure young players develop so we can maintain The Streak aren't really at opposition on this current roster. We really actually haven't seen old useless vets being given more in-game ice time priority over younger guys (except for in the case of AA, who has been consistently mismanaged and given poo poo publicly by Blashill). The benchings are a completely different story about how young guys need to sit down to learn, which is loving stupid. That's Blashill's poo poo, and you can see it in the way he talks about his young players -- see: Mantha's current benching, or every benching of AA, or every critique of the three rotating young defensemen this season.

The old critique of Holland's interference doesn't apply very well these days. He's transcended into a new form of awful. Blashill bad. Holland worse. Fire them both.

i am the bird fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

HookShot posted:

The town next to me has a Mennonite private school. It's currently run by an Indian dude. A bunch of girls I played hockey with growing up went there, basically as long as you just say you love Jesus they'd let you in.

Teenage flirting has changed a lot since I was a kid.

• Locked thread