Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Mezzanine posted:

Wow, what a rollercoaster ride. Body painted Jean Gray, bare-assed Felicia from Darkstalkers, and...

Mother Gothel?!?

Holy poo poo these are so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Laura's claws too big for her hands, 0/10

(It good)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It's good but if they'd dirtied up their clothes it would've been great. But I'm sure dozens of people already pointed that out to them at whatever con they were at so they'll nail it next time. ;)

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's good but if they'd dirtied up their clothes it would've been great. But I'm sure dozens of people already pointed that out to them at whatever con they were at so they'll nail it next time. ;)

That's just an issue with costuming in general. I remember reading a thing written by some prop guy who worked on LotR and they talked about how when they were building all the Rohirim costumes they basically sent all the extras out to go roll around in fields and play football just to make them look lived in and worn. But he also ruined my dreams when he revealed that most of the non hero prop chainmail was made from rings of PVC pipe.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Every time this guy is posted, I'm amazed by his creativity.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

El Estrago Bonito posted:

That's just an issue with costuming in general. I remember reading a thing written by some prop guy who worked on LotR and they talked about how when they were building all the Rohirim costumes they basically sent all the extras out to go roll around in fields and play football just to make them look lived in and worn. But he also ruined my dreams when he revealed that most of the non hero prop chainmail was made from rings of PVC pipe.

It'll disappoint you even more to know that before LOTR most prop chainmail was knitted.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

It's a common theme in reenacting, too. A bunch of dudes in freshly-issued uniforms looks very strange.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

If you had ever worn actual chainmail, this would delight you.

McPantserton has a new favorite as of 16:58 on Apr 4, 2017

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Gorilla Salad posted:

Every time this guy is posted, I'm amazed by his creativity.

Yeah this whole thread could be low cost guy and I'd be happy. Though it's been a lot better without snatchagoat.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

McPantserton posted:

If you had ever worn actual chainmail, this would delight you.

Get your chainmail fitted better, get a better gambeson or start working out. I used to fight all day in a full coat and aventail. It's really not that bad if you get the weight distributed right. No where near as comfortable as wearing a full plate harness, which if you ever get to wear a real well made one, is creepily light. Like in the set of German plate I got to wear I was able to run around, jump over short walls and fences and do a bunch of other poo poo that would have been an absolute chore in chain. The guy who owned the suit said he routinely did somersaults in it just to freak people out at Renfairs but I was in no way confident in myself enough to try one.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Are we doing costume swaps? Here's a Velma dressed as a Daphne:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Get your chainmail fitted better, get a better gambeson or start working out. I used to fight all day in a full coat and aventail. It's really not that bad if you get the weight distributed right. No where near as comfortable as wearing a full plate harness, which if you ever get to wear a real well made one, is creepily light. Like in the set of German plate I got to wear I was able to run around, jump over short walls and fences and do a bunch of other poo poo that would have been an absolute chore in chain. The guy who owned the suit said he routinely did somersaults in it just to freak people out at Renfairs but I was in no way confident in myself enough to try one.

Yeah, actual armor of the era, the stuff custom-made for that specific knight, was far more mobile than TV and D&D would have one believe.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Accurately pointy.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Both a little scared
Neither one prepared
I have such sights to show you

Belle-raiser

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Has anyone here done big bodypaint stuff like ^^^ that before? I'm curious because it looks like it'd be a pain in the rear end to actually get off, but I have no intention of ever trying it out so I wouldn't know

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FirstAidKite posted:

Has anyone here done big bodypaint stuff like ^^^ that before? I'm curious because it looks like it'd be a pain in the rear end to actually get off

You can use a softer sponge for that part.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Gross

e: now I wanna see some iceman or colossus bodypaint

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

FirstAidKite posted:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

FirstAidKite posted:

Gross

x

She does a whole bunch of characters.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

FirstAidKite posted:

Gross

Silver Surfer good enough?

http://www.crisalexmua.com/portfolio_page/silver-surfer-body-paint/

Kay Pike did a Colossus at one point also.

E: ^^Appears I was beaten.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
To be fair is seems to be SUPER DIFFICULT to make a decent Colossus cosplay

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Heath Ledger's Joker

Poison Ivy

Pokemon Go Trainers

Adam Jenson - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Dalek

Captain America and Captain Canada

Thomas and Martha Wayne

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Both a little scared
Neither one prepared
I have such sights to show you

Belle-raiser

Be
Our

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

The two lead actresses from Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid dress up as their characters, Kobayashi and Tohru.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Somebody here liked humanoid cosplays of Pokemon, right?

The full album.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/vive_hodie0605/status/851004412252143616

:stare:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

https://twitter.com/timicyo/status/648753557018034176

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Wow, so nice of the real Ishikawa to take pictures with that cosplay troupe :kimchi:

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I love ol' apeface's outlandish hair.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mezzanine posted:

Wow, so nice of the real Ishikawa to take pictures with that cosplay troupe :kimchi:

Seriously, goddamn that's good

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i didn't know kelly reads this thread

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I'm Batman.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I'm the Statue of Liberty cowering behind the curtain.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

Doesn't look angry/disapproving enough. 2/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Probably stretching the definition of cosplay here but anyway...