Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

McPantserton posted:

Bahahahhaaaaa

Aaaa thank you and thank youuuu :D I am REALLY loving EXCITED. We're going to have space to close off our workshop so we can get cats. Aaaaaaaaaaa :woop:

Does this mean you'll start doing cat cosplay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I can't help but think things like working powered armor won't be the result of DARPA projects, it'll be a cosplayer trying to make their oversized Warhammer suit wearable without overexerting themselves.

"Needed a way to get my Iron Man armor to conventions, easiest way was to make working ion thrusters in it and took six weeks to build."

Honestly what's keeping powered exoskeletons from being used yet is power storage/efficiency issues. Considering the solution is probably graphene, and you can make that in your backyard if you have no regard for personal safety...

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Say Nothing posted:

I looked on wikipedia and the show actually ran until 2002, so it's not as ancient as I thought. It can be difficult to find online though, due to the music they used being copyrighted.

Right because MTV had a licensing deal where their shows could use any music that was in their music video rotation... that didn't transfer past broadcast because who ever heard of selling television shows on home video!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

LingcodKilla posted:

Kinda odd someone has not proposed to them to try to get the rights to the music back to make some money off Daria. Pretty safe to assume the majority of those bands could use some cash.

Who knows, it's also why every time they bring back Beavis and Butthead it's the skits and not the parts where they just rip into lovely music videos. I know when The State got their collected for DVD they went back and replaced all the music tracks because it was easier and cheaper than figuring out royalties.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That is a great costume, a good interpretation.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Why's her pen a carrot. I don't write with a Corndog Pen

Because they don't make them, do they?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah that's Shoebill, she was only in one episode but nerds are gonna nerd.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Those are adorable but I think you meant to post them in the fanart thread

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Considering Hitler had his gay best friend murdered I just don't understand it myself. Which is a terrible costume idea as well.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Aphrodite posted:

How small is this book that it can only fit 9 words a line?

It's probably an e-reader with a high font size.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

If you're going to dress up as a Select Screen, why not do it for the King of Fighters? (Not to be confused with the actual game called King of Fighters)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hamburgers need to be high

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Also matches are really cheap, he just would have had to go to the hardware and paid like 20 bucks and he'd have all the matches he would need and then some.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's some good makeup, very pale, very fitting the character.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

He did do one where he dresses like Winnie the Pooh for a Xi Jinping cosplay so that probably got him some difficulties.

Did he wear the red shirt to get into double trouble?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nice to see people dress up as their favorite job (nobody would dress up as dragoon if it wasn't their favorite).

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Some of the armor sets from later expansions are really cool looking but people don't tend to cosplay as those since they're very complicated.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Blackface aside, I'm impressed their costume was a working camera.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There were probably treat breaks they didn't show.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

PhazonLink posted:

but one of them is a saw, clearly the other three have human tool counterparts

Just going to say this, that way lies madness.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Can't tell if his belt buckle says BJ on it though.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sentient Data posted:

I can't wait to just dive headfirst into people's creativity at fanfest

Lucky, I didn't win the lottery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah I was gonna say why are people not petting the good boy.