Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
It doesn't need to be a strict rule or anything but if you can, post what the cosplay is. Some of that anime & video game stuff is striking in the craftsmanship but I'll be damned if I know who those characters are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

CzarChasm posted:

So a kind of etiquette question regarding cosplay at cons. I know most people are coll with "hey, your costume looks great can I get a picture?"

Are there professional photo booths or kiosks set up where they charge for pictures? Part of me feels like there is a good market for taking good quality shots, but do Cons have anything against it?

Cons have long since monetized it. Go to any fan convention (anime, comics, sci-fi-fi, horror, etc) and there's sure to be "professional" cos-players there as "Guests"™. Like, they have a booth and times for photos and autographs for a nominal fee.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

CzarChasm posted:

What I was really thinking was a monetized booth that had a chromakey background that you could change to whatever someone wanted (copyrights excluded) so forest glen, to city rooftop, to medieval castle, to clouds in the sky. Either photo realistic or cartoony or comic book style. Have a little prop stool or box to sit/stand/lay on to simulate flying/hovering. Send people a digital copy for a couple of bucks or send them with a good quality printout for a few bucks more.

http://cincinnaticomicexpo.com/cosplay/

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Boba Fett's Fursona is a boar.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Max posted:

As an FYI, that twitter account is literally the director of Wizards.

and producer and writer and artist and lead animator...