Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

LingcodKilla posted:

That was my first guess but eh

In fairness, Psylocke is perhaps more anime than most actual anime characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Somebody here liked humanoid cosplays of Pokemon, right?

The full album.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If you think that's bad just imagine what it's like for people cosplaying as a Rob Liefeld character. So many pouches ...

In talks with some friends, we decided that this guy is probably the dedicated Personals Caddy. Those pouches probably have all his friend's keys and phones in there.

And probably a full emergency cosplay repair kit.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Polygon's Nick Robinson was not about to let being at Fanime during the Test Punch keep him from ARMS.

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/868594153705193472

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Paladinus posted:

I don't know what any of that means.
Are you selling something?

He's cosplaying a character from the game ARMS, in part because he wasn't going to be at home to play during the network test. Sorry, I'm now realizing that didn't make any goddamn sense.

I wasn't intending to sell anything, but I mean if you're willing to pay I can find something.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
https://twitter.com/rinachan/status/881334486360772608

2B from Nier Automata being cosplayed by Kira Buckland, best known for voicing 2B from Nier Automata.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Regigigas.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Say Nothing posted:

'Sexy Pennywise' is going to be a thing this halloween.

You know, you could probably make a decent case for this being lore-accurate, Sexy Pennywise is probably somebody's fear.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

the_steve posted:

:aaaaa:

To contribute:

My favorite part about this one is that it looks like it could be a screenshot from a live action version of P5.

Holy poo poo...

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Captain Invictus posted:

EA killed the mass effect franchise, so sheperd and co are not happy with the EA businessman

poptart_fairy posted:

EA get blamed for Mass Effect turning to poo poo, rather than the people who wrote and developed it.

Well really you're both right. EA refused to let Mass Effect stop after three games, and so made a 'new Bioware division' out of one of their other development offices because both of Bioware's were busy making games they actually wanted to make. That new dev office proceeded to drop the ball enormously, but given that before this they mainly made Sims DLC and so had to hire a bunch of new and inexperienced talent my main question is 'what did any of us expect, really'.

Although I would say that people should be more rightly pissed at EA for milking the franchise rather than 'killing' it, because there wasn't going to be a new Mass Effect until they decided Andromeda needed to happen. It's not their fault that we aren't getting any more Mass Effects, it's their fault that we have three good Mass Effect games and one absolute mess.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Hey, I was being kind, which I have to be because I'm the only person on the planet that thinks Mass Effect 1 was the best one.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

I love that era of comics where any given cover looked suspiciously like fetish art you'd see on Deviantart.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Captain Invictus posted:

the samus looks like kind of a mishmash of the classic Varia Suit and the Other M Varia Suit(which is bad) and looks kinda weird

I think the thing that's throwing you is that it's sticking very close to a human shape, while the 'classic' Varia (I always use Prime as the baseline here because it's pretty close and is easy to take in outside of singular art) is clearly very much intended as bulky, heavy armor. On the other hand, the Other M Varia is lighter but much more angular. I think it'd probably look better if they retooled it to be more like the pre-Varia power suit, which is much closer to that in form.

And I personally don't think that the Other M Varia is 'bad' so much as 'not designed for the same purposes'. Original/Prime Samus is very bulky and tank-like, which can work (and especially is perfect for the Primes) but looks like it should be slow. Other M's design is more intended to look like 'this is something that moves fast', befitting Other M Samus being very mobile but a bit more fragile (especially compared to Prime). It's like an APC compared to a racecar, and while I prefer the bulkier design the suit is one of the things I don't hate about Other M.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

I really like this take on A2 for cosplay purposes. Turning the seams of her 'skin' into shredded bits of clothes does a really good job of keeping it recognizable without going for body paint, which wouldn't work for what they're supposed to be anyway.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

RareAcumen posted:

You think that's some poo poo? Check this out

Bowsette is such a powerful meme that she reached backwards through time.

This means that it's inevitable that she'll be in a Mario game sometime, right? Not a big one, just as, like, a Mario Golf character or something. There's designs in Nintendo's offices already.

Also, if you look at that full page in the tweet there is a fantastic Mario :stare: panel in the lower right corner that's cut off in the embed. I just want to point it out, so that nobody misses it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Choco1980 posted:

The idea of a crown that turns a character into a Peach Hybrid is funny, and not so out there now that Cappy is a thing. The thing that gets me is how much all the fan art automatically goes the terrible route and has every single "-ette" have huge boobs and wearing skimpy, revealing costumes. Which is nothing at all like how Peach looks herself. Nerds ruin everything.

It's just nerds being horny that's kinda ruining that. The original Bowsette design with a shoulderless dress was good, because it actually does fit with Bowser and isn't really 'skimpy' so much as 'slightly more revealing than Peach's usual'. The one that's basically just lingerie sucks.

The other good one I liked was a Booette that was a really classic 'cute witch' look. And Booettes are kinda shameful otherwise because there's there's nothing fitting Boo or Peach in their design.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
As far as I can tell, this cosplayer looked at all of Final Fantasy's costuming, and dismissed most of it as too easy.

https://twitter.com/Aaaasui/status/1157662678434713602

As the tweet suggests: Lakshmi, from Final Fantasy XIV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiUp3DpksQY

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

HaB posted:

Ah okay. I am passingly familiar with the lovely robots thing. Didn't realize it's the same person. That's cool. She seems awesome. :)

She does less lovely robots now, I think partly because a lot of them were very similar (put a robot arm on a thing, give it really rough movements that technically do the job), and partly because she actually got better at making them, so they were less genuinely lovely. She's been doing some larger weird projects instead lately, like the Businessmantis Shrimp or turning a Tesla into a pickup truck.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Inzombiac posted:

I hope Barry has had a fruitful career after leaving the Grumps.

Pretty strong streaming experience, mostly. If you're into that he's a fun chill dude to have on in the background.

I think he's working on other stuff too, but he's keeping it secret right now.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
https://twitter.com/AEW_Dynamite/status/1189713909198073858

Wrestling gets weird sometimes, but I'm here for wrestlers indulging in being total nerds.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

SpartanIvy posted:

Its CG. Mirrors and physics don't work that way.

I'm pretty sure it's neither. I think it's actually a screen displaying the feed from a camera set on its opposite side; I'm not sure if the quality of the image would be that good, but the theory is sound. I remember a Top Gear segment that used the same concept to recreate the invisible car from that one Brosnan Bond movie.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Demisexual Papyrus posted:

mostly talking about the oversexualized child character but go off I guess

She's wearing fighting/exercise clothes, because she's the Fighting-type gym leader.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
The best cosplay event of the year: Taiwanese edition!

https://twitter.com/tony_zy/status/1322385304041521152

Shout-out to the most practical costume in the entire show:

https://twitter.com/tony_zy/status/1322387823782252545

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Kinda spoilery though as an FYI, as it's a later-expansion thing.

It's just an outfit, there's nothing spoilery about it beyond something that happened back in 2015 that's barely discernible, when she went blind.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's a shitload of new players coming through since WoW hosed itself over repeatedly these past few weeks.

That outfit was on literal, real-world advertisements. I saw it at a hairdresser's. There was a decent few months when it was being advertised in the launcher as buyable.

There's a point where you have to stop being precious about spoilers, and 'this outfit from later in the game was on real-world ads for the game' is as good a line to draw as any.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
https://twitter.com/KiraBuckland/status/1543679760005361665?t=2zB8F1rVFuzxOXOUTgBVVw&s=19

Kira Buckland, voice of Jolyne in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, cosplaying as Jolyne.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

CannonFodder posted:

I don’t care what the real character is, in my head that is Katamari Indiana Jones.

It basically is.

That's Joseph Joestar as he appears in part three of JoJo, where he actually is an archaeologist and adventurer. This is specifically cosplaying as him in the fight against a Stand whose ability was to magnetize a person, and their magnetic pull would gradually get stronger and and have more and havier metal objects fly towards and stick to them.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
https://twitter.com/tartecosplay/status/1659662042154819587

A cosplay of the twitter account that made This Is How You Lose The Time War a bestseller out of nowhere. In the style of Trigun, because that guy's mostly a Trigun fan account.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 15:17 on May 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
You put on an eyepatch and just be near birds, you're basically the mythological depiction of Odin.