Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's good but if they'd dirtied up their clothes it would've been great. But I'm sure dozens of people already pointed that out to them at whatever con they were at so they'll nail it next time. ;)

That's just an issue with costuming in general. I remember reading a thing written by some prop guy who worked on LotR and they talked about how when they were building all the Rohirim costumes they basically sent all the extras out to go roll around in fields and play football just to make them look lived in and worn. But he also ruined my dreams when he revealed that most of the non hero prop chainmail was made from rings of PVC pipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

McPantserton posted:

If you had ever worn actual chainmail, this would delight you.

Get your chainmail fitted better, get a better gambeson or start working out. I used to fight all day in a full coat and aventail. It's really not that bad if you get the weight distributed right. No where near as comfortable as wearing a full plate harness, which if you ever get to wear a real well made one, is creepily light. Like in the set of German plate I got to wear I was able to run around, jump over short walls and fences and do a bunch of other poo poo that would have been an absolute chore in chain. The guy who owned the suit said he routinely did somersaults in it just to freak people out at Renfairs but I was in no way confident in myself enough to try one.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Esplanade posted:

Huh. There's actually Vampire: the Masquerade cosplay out there that's not just :sonia: Jeanette. I'm...okay with that.

I actually have a VtM clan tattoo so I should probably get in on this trend or something. The problem is that at it's core a VtM costume is just "pale human" which is my normal everyday existence so distinguishing that may be hard.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Look, it was established that all of this strangeness was caused by an ancient lovecraftian entity living underneath their town. Also then Harlan Ellison recruited them to solve mysteries of time and space at Miskatonic University because he exists in all parallel timelines at once:
No that's not fanfiction, that's real poo poo that happened in an actual Scooby Doo show for children
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ-8cn7LGoQ