Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LingcodKilla posted:

Well... anime i guess?

Marvel Comics, actually. That's Psylocke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Probably. These shows have a history of trying to drive the cast to conflict just for ratings, which the cast aren't gonna do because they're emotionally-stable individuals. Nevermind being professional about their work ethic.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DON'T STARTLE THE loving WITCH! :stonk:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

VendaGoat posted:

What are they doing in a Sugar Mill?

Destroying robots, duh. Not like humans have been there for a couple thousand years.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Improbable Lobster posted:

As impressive as that cosplay is, Kantai Collection is garbage trash for hell weeaboos

It's also hilariously offensive when you know all of the Japanense ships used were infamous for various warcrimes and human rights violations against prisoners during WWII.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

If you see the Easter Eggman out on your lawn, that motherfucker is stealing eggs and you need to go kick his rear end.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Skater Moon just doesnt have the same ring to it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Say Nothing posted:

Lewd cosplay.

Oh god, he's standing erect! :gonk:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Not a lot yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg8QCPzZvJE

Edit: loving hell, he can't actually see out of the eye holes in the costume because they're full of lights. He's got a tiny little video camera set between the eyes and he has video camera glasses in the visor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMXXa9AztNE

I can't help but think things like working powered armor won't be the result of DARPA projects, it'll be a cosplayer trying to make their oversized Warhammer suit wearable without overexerting themselves.

"Needed a way to get my Iron Man armor to conventions, easiest way was to make working ion thrusters in it and took six weeks to build."

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hyperlynx posted:

Why didn't she just buy a wrench? :psyduck:

Convention weapon rules.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dexie posted:

"A wooden gun? Cool. The police cars are still made of metal, you idiots."

"Oh drat, outsmarted by a wooden gun. Which means I still have my powers, and yet, I'll let them arrest me out of shame."

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That's some real Low-Cost nightmare fuel right there :stare:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

"Can monkeys surf the net... and corrupt our kids? Chimpanzee chatrooms, next, on 'Sick, Sad World.'"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kwyndig posted:

Right because MTV had a licensing deal where their shows could use any music that was in their music video rotation... that didn't transfer past broadcast because who ever heard of selling television shows on home video!

That's not an old, or even uncommon, thing. From what I understand, licensing music is an utter bitch to handle in the US because of the RIAA being over-litigious assholes and even now you still see it affect stuff. Alan Wake actually got pulled from digital distribution a few days back because of its music.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LingcodKilla posted:

Kinda odd someone has not proposed to them to try to get the rights to the music back to make some money off Daria. Pretty safe to assume the majority of those bands could use some cash.

They'd likely have to license every song individually, with a shitload of songs across 66 episodes. That's expensive and time-consuming as all hell.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AlmightyBob posted:

For a while in the early radio days if you wanted to play a recording of a band you had to pay the band to come in to the studio and sit there while you played it.

Part of the reason the BBC dumped their old tapes in the 50's/60's was because they believed the same thing should be done for TV shows; If people want to see it again, then they should get the actors back in to film it a second time.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Vinylshadow posted:

Thomas Bangalter, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo (Daft Punk)

Photos of the actual performers don't count as cosplay! :goonsay:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Cosplay of Assassin's Creed female player characters which the designers said weren't included because they were too hard to animate

The best part was that this got laughed out the door immediately by everyone pointing out the previous Assassin's Creed games (prior to Unity) having playable female characters in multiplayer. All of which had the full range of animations that Ezio and Connor used.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jawesome! :rock:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Say Nothing posted:

Caped Baldy is not amused.

If you have not had the pleasure of watching One Punch Man go watch One Punch Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2EsUxSBeqM

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Internet Wizard posted:

Pretty sure I've read them described as looking like a wind that doesn't exist is blowing past them so I guess that checks out

Seems a pretty apt description. Everyone knows girls don't fart :yayclod:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LingcodKilla posted:

Don't skip leg day.

You would blaspheme a Machine's Spirit with sin of Customization?! That is the work of a Heretek and is a blight on the holy machines of the Omnissiah, heathen. :commissar:

Neddy Seagoon has a new favorite as of 14:50 on Jun 10, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Minor sidenote, but I still can't believe Samurai Jack got a final season and a proper ending :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ugh, there's always one. Is that magic fireball peace-bonded? I think not! :rolleyes:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Say Nothing posted:

Meeping Angel.

Well I sure as hell can't look away :stare:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Looks like a pretty canon costume to me.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

McPantserton posted:

Hahaha love it, I did some Hellsing this year myself

Sadly am on cosplay hiatus for the moment though, I managed to slip and fall down my basement stairs and break my leg :downs:
I guess my ankle is cosplaying as a Terminator? or something?

So drag your broken leg behind you and go as a half-frozen T-1000! God, it's like you're not even trying! :rolleyes:.

Get well soon. :ohdear:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jamesman posted:

What part is the mouth?

The area opening like a mouth below the eye? :shrug:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That is an eerily perfect All-Might :stwoon:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Mikey Neumann's good people. He calls into the Desert Bus for Hope livestream every year, and gets them auctioning off a few random insanely-rare collector's editions of games he happens to own :unsmith:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pfft, that's just some random guy :rolleyes:.

(It's All-Might's true form from My Hero Academia.)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Scaramouche posted:

That's ... Some real dedication to the costume.

What're you talking about, it's clearly just a scratch :confused:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

violent sex idiot posted:

looks like a painting

I'd say it looks more like something you'd find airbrushed onto the side of a van (it's from the Witchblade anime, incidentally).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Well, that's the recurring nightmare of every child and adult who sees them set for the foreseeable future. :stare:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Say Nothing posted:

Too sexual?

You bet. That's going in the ol' Spank-Banksy :wiggle:.

Seriously though, that's really clever and well done.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CommissarMega posted:

What is it? It's not ringing any bells for me.

It's cosplay of a graffiti art piece created by Banksy :ssh:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I see you found Yoko Taro, too! Congrats!

It's a Goon Meet, so that's clearly gotta be The Dark Id :pseudo:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Well that's not canon at all; That Batwoman is clearly wearing armor that can protect against a spine-breaking gutshot :goonsay:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Say Nothing posted:

Crossposting to the TVIV Rick and Morty thread!
Edit: Already there!

Why are you photographing the ladies toilet, you sicko? :rolleyes:

Alternatively; they're gonna fill that pod with LCL in a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

God drat :ohdear:. (It's a spoiler from Full Metal Alchemist)