Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Snatch Duster posted:

I'm watching.

Waiting.

Commiserating...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Found on Imgur: Garth Vader

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

I know Leeloo was barefoot when she was wearing that, but drat that's gotta get really uncomfortable really quickly.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

LingcodKilla posted:

That's a KV-2 not a 40k tank.

Immersion ruined.

Actually, the Death Korps of Krieg re-invented the KV-2 during the civil war on Krieg

Now, if you want to ask why a Communist tank was made by these guys?

Don't. Report self to Commissar and do not ask questions.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

The Kriegers aren't the only ones who use it :colbert:

Unrelated cosplay: A murder-servitor An Assaultron

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

rydiafan posted:

You're a National Treasure.

McPantserton posted:

Fallout Cage armor

(Your stuff's great! The fact that you made it all without a dedicated workshop is pretty amazing.)

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Reply of the Zaporozhian Cossacks to Sultan Mehmed IV of the Ottoman Empire

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Hogge Wild posted:

that's a drat great pic

do you know who those actors are?

i have a vague recollection that they were ukrainians

Unfortunately, no, I don't. I found one picture that said they were a group called Kozacki Cosplay, but I can't find anything else they did.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Or did you? That is the question.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

When the Cosplay thread meets the bastard child of the Things That Go FOOF In The Night thread and the OSHA thread... :jeb:

Also, for good measure and to bring the Spaceflight thread in, you wouldn't want to use ion thrusters to move anything in-atmosphere; the thrust of high-end ones is about half the thrust needed to levitate a paper clip, and you'll be spending a lot more mass than that on the power/wiring/cooling systems.

Speaking of Warhammer cosplay though, have an Adepta Sororitas by Lady K

Yeah, yeah, boobplate is dumb, but that doesn't make her work any less drat impressive.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Samovar posted:

Tbh, the boobplate is on the models as well, and just as silly.

Exactly. She made a very good costume based on something that has some of the wonkier made-in-the-'80s elements.

As to Howling Banshees* vs. SoB, eldar tend to use a lot of force fields and have the philosophy of "you don't need armor if you don't get hit" so the fact that boobplate is a bullet trap isn't as big of a deal - the Imperium on the other hand has armor for days** and should know better, even after losing so much of its knowledge base. Some people in the Imperium have force fields instead / as well, but it's much rarer; A Cannoness might, but just a Sister? Not likely.

* Turns out they're an all-female Aspect. I thought there were guys in it, too, but nope, that was just space-elf androgyny at work.

** Unless you're a random trooper, in which case you get this flak vest, now go fix bayonets and charge that Lictor, or else :commissar:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Big McHuge posted:

Look James, we get it, you're really proud of the movies you made. But you don't have to keep rubbing it in by posting photos from the set.

How about this, then?

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

LingcodKilla posted:

Thanks to at's not lmc a aq of sqSaq sceqQQwqw quite

Yeah this checks out

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

AriadneThread posted:

that would be a sbhj costume

:sbahj:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

An unkindness of ravens.

First two are from Jennifer Van Damsel, third is from Kinpatsu Cosplay

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Does the third one even count as cosplay? It looks like absolutely everything has been added in photoshop.

That seems like more of a question of "how much do you need to wear that the character wore to count as cosplaying them?" I don't remember her wearing a jacket like that, but could easily be mistaken. Other than that, the makeup, hair/hair coloration, and forehear-gem are all what the character wore. The raven-bird and the skull-smoke cloud were added afterwards, but :shrug:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Someone doesn't know the second rule of model train layouts.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

It's a Tardigrade

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Gif of a penguin dressed like a pig.

For in-line content:

Cersei and Septa Unella during Cersei's Walk of Shame Atonement.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

This is impressive but I have no idea what it's from or who the character is.

E: VVVVV Thanks!

Beepity Boop has a new favorite as of 23:03 on Feb 28, 2018

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Aphrodite posted:

How small is this book that it can only fit 9 words a line?

About nine words wide.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Laurence Croft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

:thejoke: