Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jet Ready Go posted:

Rowdy Ruff Boys

Nah, that's a different group entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Beach body Mcree from Overwatch

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ling, Yao and Chien-Po from Disney's Mulan

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jamesman posted:

All I know about FMA is the girldog. Can someone please explain what this is cosplay is referencing?

Lovable and often comic-relief character suddenly has a revelation and figures out the bad guys master plan. As he runs out to alert everyone, he's intercepted by one of the bad guy's generals and wounded. Because they've infiltrated the government, the calls are probably being monitored so he declines to use a phone inside the building and heads towards a nearby payphone instead. He's killed in the payphone before he can pass on the information, they later host a funeral for him.

He left behind a wife and three-year old daughter. Rip Captain Maes Hughes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

Excuse me, he's a Lieutenant Colonel Brigadier General

Ah, thanks man. The stupid wiki I used told me he was a Captain.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Stranger Things

Wow, my first thought was Resident Evil 7.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Admiral Bosch posted:

Can we post ourselves for Halloween?

I mean, I guess, there's nothing really stopping you but I think you should at least put on a costume if you're going to.

Ming-Na Wen reprising her role as Chun Li

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Chad meme

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Classic, for lack of a better word, Joker and extremely edgy Joker.

A Sazabi. It's a Gundam

Mr. ET

Geralt of Rivia from the Witcher series

Linkle from Hyrule Warriors

Elastagirl and Violet from The Incredibles.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's certainly way more feasible in comparison but I still prefer the Arkham City version.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah, what the actual gently caress is this

Aladdin was bare-chested.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

jmistajay posted:

That's a goon. He posted tons of pictures on his whole process a while back in the Cosplay Creation thread and it was all awesome! Also, that's a rad thread for cool people.

Oh, I thought it was McKilligan but I wasn't sure.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Junkrat ft. Special guest: Doomfist

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jade from Beyond Good & Evil

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I was wondering why this thread had 40 posts, since it's not usually that well-frequented.

Z-Sword training Gohan

Broly

Rohan Kishibe

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

my cat is norris posted:

I personally feel that anybody can cosplay anyone they want regardless of race. It's about expressing your love for a character, not about living as that character. If you were hired for a professional event or something, that'd be different, but hobbyists shouldn't be held to such absolute standards. I respect that POC cosplayers have a harder time being "legit" because of a limited selection of characters, and if they're harassed for stepping outside that box, the harassment should be what's addressed -- not the cosplay.

The only point where you should give a hoot about any cosplayer's skin color is if the character they're dressed up as has a non-human skin color. Like if you're in a Mr. Freeze or Hulk outfit that's pretty obvious. Or if you're a character with some kind of military background I think putting on camouflage facepaint can work then too. I mean just... don't be weird. Think things through a bit. Be orange or yellow if you wanna dress up as The Thing but not if you're going to be Jackie Chan. Just real simple stuff.

Various Wolverines

Black Panther

Wonder Red

Terry Mcginnis/Batman Beyond

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mezzanine posted:

Ooh, I really like this interpretation with actual padding and armor and stuff! (the original was mostly just form-fitting techno-fiber or something that looked basically like a dark grey full-body unitard)

You've gotta take liberties with stuff like that, because I don't think it's actually possible to make something that fits that close on a person in real life. That batsuit was basically a second skin, to be honest.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man you guys are really bad at this. It's incredible.

Ghost Trick time

Missile (The dog), Kamila, Sissel, and Lynne

Sissel and Yomiel

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

Looks like he was going more for the Batman Arkham Knight game look:

i do my best to forget any Batman Beyond skin outside of City.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Raven

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Netflix's Bright

Shego from Kim Possible

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

King of the Hill

Witcher 3; Geralt of Rivia

Ready Player One

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

rydiafan posted:

Why is it like that? I don't remember Saitama being a faceless monstrosity.

They're going for the low-effort version.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Starfire

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/MothershipSG/status/991506293499215872

https://twitter.com/XvShanavX/status/992702262249115649

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Which one of the Dover Boys is this?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

3/4 the girls here are MMA fighters (2 currently competing in the UFC). I'm sorry, I don't know any names.

https://twitter.com/AngieOverkill/status/1021444954994831360

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Crazy/Shining Diamond, Josuke Higashikata, and Joseph Joestar from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I think this is the vampire girl from Hotel Transylvania.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/pokurimio/status/1024846161826344960

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Boy I hope this embeds

https://giant.gfycat.com/AchingThirstyAfricanbushviper.webm

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Goro Majima cosplay

https://twitter.com/Frostylva/status/1034456944600338433

It's okay. For real authenticity, there should've been one with her popping out of a trash can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I can see that you're happy living your life in that knowledge so I guess don't mouse over this spoiler? It IS a fem-bowser. Also it's not even an official Nintendo character, Nintendo created a new in-game item which is a crown that turns Toadette into Peachette and some webcomic artist drew a comic strip where Bowser puts on the crown and the character went crazy viral from there.

You think that's some poo poo? Check this out