Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Liar Lyre posted:

Billy Kane

This is a young Otis Lee Crenshaw and nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Alaois posted:

why

"here's the keys and title to my car, meth addict who's stolen my last three cars to sell for more meth. i have faith in you."

Snatch Duster isn't what we want. Snatch Duster is what we deserve.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Don't the Kreigers not have commissars because their whole culture is a fanatical warrior death cult and they eagerly volunteer for the worst fronts possible?

No, they still get commissars. Everybody in the imperial guard gets commissars if for no other reason than to sniff out psykers. Granted in the case of Kriegers they're less there to maintain their morale and more to because they scare the poo poo out of everybody else and don't get along with other, less...enthusiastic...regiments.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I'm surprised anyone remembers that episode.
The costume is lovely, but that's probably the point.

Well it's a pretty good episode. Personally it's my absolute favorite from the whole show's run.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I remember the banshee boob plate is on purpose because of the ceremonial importance of the howling banshee, there is supposedly dudes we wearing that boob plate.
I think SoB are similar, also power armor is supposed to have a force field anyway I'm pretty sure.

Not good reasons. But the banshee thing is funny

The Sister of Battle were actually based on a loophole. I forget the whole story but the Ecclesiarchy was specifically said "not to have a fighting force of men" or something to that effect. I forget the wording but that was the idea of it. So somebody noticed "well hey we can have all the girl soldiers we want if we rules lawyer this!" and the Sisters of Battle happened. Even though it was a ridiculous loophole that obviously violated the spirit of the rule they turned out to be so incredibly badass that the Imperium went "well OK, that's a thing we have now. Cool." Only special people get access to force fields but powered armor is extremely tough so the boob plate didn't matter much.

Plus 40K is like "hey how do we make everything as absolutely bug gently caress insane as we possibly can" so personally I'll give it a pass on doing impractical things. In the case of the Sisters though their history makes it kind of important to make it obvious to everybody that they're all women.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

LingcodKilla posted:

Kinda odd someone has not proposed to them to try to get the rights to the music back to make some money off Daria. Pretty safe to assume the majority of those bands could use some cash.

The money would probably not go to the bands. It's extremely likely that the record companies are asking for utterly onerous amounts of money.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
That also shifts with the way Samus herself has been portrayed. It was a pretty big surprise in the first Metroid when it turned out she was, you know, a woman because everybody just assumed it was a dude in the suit. The story was that she was a tough as nails bounty hunter and also just a big woman; she was billed as 6'3". Later games made her smaller and more delicate.

It's like hey guys, Samus has always been a huge badass and we accepted her as a large bounty hunter in cool armor.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

CommissarMega posted:

What the hell is that?!

It's Old Gregg's mangina.

You saw what he has goin' on downstairs. That means you love him.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

'Hitler's gay BFF' should be a username here.

It probably already is.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Inzombiac posted:

I mean, sure...

But why?

Let's be honest, the real question is why not?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
On one hand that's a weirdly specific thing to cosplay on the other hand it made me snicker.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
That guy is a freaking treasure.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Sorry, too tall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
They're also androids so they're not supposed to look exactly human.