Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
that guntank zaku thing is a dude in a motorized wheelchair, right? great example of "make use of what you've got", like the dude who lost an arm cosplaying as Woody from Toy Story 2 where his arm is coming off at the seam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yakuza mickey's incredible

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
In Zeta gundam, the guy on the left impales through the mobile suit of the guy on the right with his mobile suit's jet mode, the red bit being the tip of the jet form that stabs through the cockpit

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
boy I wish it hadn't

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Didn't that batman guy die?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
xavier woods is the loving best

https://twitter.com/XavierWoodsPhD/status/1036022449698164736

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
a meaty stormtrooper helmet. makes me think of DOOM.

https://imgur.com/gallery/tQx0QGD

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's an impressive Radobaan armor set and greatsword. I'm guessing it's mostly foam, how much does it weigh altogether/the sword alone?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yes, every weapon prop has to have it to signal it is not sharp or otherwise dangerous.

I walk around pax east with this fella:

And they're always unsure if it should be allowed since it's solid fiberglass, 15 pounds and four feet long, but I just leave the previous year's ziptie on it and they see that and are like "oh okay go on through, let me just update it to this years color" now :v:

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 10:01 on Sep 11, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Liar Lyre posted:

Secret tiddy compartment makes this the best cosplay ever.
yeah the video of it is hilarious

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnzbo74BKFF/?taken-by=amenokitarou

"So that's where she's been keeping all those fans"

absolutely brilliant

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Donnerberg posted:

Hah!

If you were actually wondering who that is though, it's Eraser Head from My Hero Academia.

if the sleeping bag has legs then hey, close enough

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol that Scorpion really sells it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The genderbent character Bowsette was only created about 10 days ago but has already become super super popular and there's already a whole bunch of people posting cosplay photos
When I first heard about it I thought it was people making a furry(scaley???) fem-bowser version. It just being mad max/80's cyberpunk thug peach was a relief and also kinda boring at the same time.

also apparently it had over a hundred million mentions on japanese twitter within a couple days, which is really goddamn nuts, nintendo created a monster with just a 4 second trailer clip.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I can see that you're happy living your life in that knowledge so I guess don't mouse over this spoiler? It IS a fem-bowser. Also it's not even an official Nintendo character, Nintendo created a new in-game item which is a crown that turns Toadette into Peachette and some webcomic artist drew a comic strip where Bowser puts on the crown and the character went crazy viral from there.
No, like, I know all about it now, hard to avoid it what with absolutely everyone talking about it basically this entire last week. Also apparently it's kinda become a flagship of the transgender community which is neat.

I did see someone, in relation to the "every mario character gets the crown mushroom", did a drawing of that horrible moray eel from dire dire docks in mario 64 and turned them into a suitably horrific fishperson.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm partial to Todd Bonzalez.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I loving love when someone just goes for it on an absurd piece of armor or totally unrealistic weapon/prop like that.

Like, an accurate outfit, sure, that's cool. An accurate transforming hammer that turns into a rocket hammer with a pretty dang nice looking fake flame and LEDs inside? Sign me up

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yep. The rocket hammer is something he has later on, not in his original incarnation.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ah, I was misremembering, he had a different type of hammer as Masked Dedede, that's what I was thinking of. Though it seems Super Star Ultra came out around the same time as brawl, wonder who picked the rocket hammer first. :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol gamespy

Is there a gamespy cosplay

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://www.twitch.tv/angriestpat/clip/AnnoyingAgitatedAnacondaBuddhaBar

Inzombiac posted:

This dipshit has a huge history of stealing jokes from smaller Twitter accounts.
ok

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
haha, even before hovering over your spoiler I knew what they were doing based on the awkward poses alone, so good

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Huzzah! posted:

wabadabada 'sat true?
But is there cosplay of THAT?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

fuckin' gold

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Koalas March posted:

Oh gosh I was just being snarky because my post was a carry over from a convo in the BSS movie thread about racists hating Zendaya as MJ.

I apologise, that was really contextless and can see how it seems out of left field 😓😓

I've definitely seen racist shitheads complaining about "canonical race" cosplay, like black people not being allowed to cosplay Captain America, etc

Also applies to women cosplaying male characters and vice versa, just let folks dress as who they want to imo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Sorry, I haven't read many cape comics in a long time, only followed the movies really, didn't know. Knew about Jon Stewart from the justice League cartoon, he ruled a d that cosplay rules, what would the coloring on his outfit be called, cel-style?

I like it when someone does, say, an opposite gendered version of a character and modifies it with extra flair, makes it their own take while still being totally recognizable.

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 07:51 on Feb 9, 2019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Everything that guy does is incredible.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He has done a ton of lovely, low-effort cosplays with that four frame thing like that and they're all incredible. People have posted them a lot on SA over the years but I don't know where it's originally from.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Confirmed in the replies, he does and it does. You can see it under the umbrella too

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
she's dressed as a mound of lumpy, misshapen penises???

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DoctorWhat posted:

Raven Queen is from The Adventure Zone
gimme all the TAZ(Balance Arc preferred) cosplay ya got

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Now this is my poo poo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
goddamn, that's great. usually they try to do the transforming costume thing and it almost always turns out mediocre to bad in both modes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it's not impossible since there are a loooooot of chud 40k fans but honestly it just looks like the "reinforced" part of the hand, one finger that doesn't actually move, to hold whatever weapon(power axe probably) the terminator suit would carry.

but with how things are these days, it would not surprise me in the least if it was as you feared either

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well,he should hope he doesn't run into any orks enjoying milkshakes anytime soon then

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this character looks like someone tried to design something as utterly un-cosplayable as possible and cosplayers instead took it as a challenge

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I am very thankful for Spy cosplay still being a thing

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ETA that's not to say that it doesn't happen ....

I think someone posted in this thread about her making-of of that setup and it was really fascinating.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Screaming Idiot posted:

I TASTE WITH MY SKIN

HOLY poo poo YES

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it is absolutely truck shepard