Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

VendaGoat posted:

Oh god, I remember hero's of cosplay. I could not stand the forced drama. I knew that show wouldn't make it past season one.

It totally did have a 2nd season though, it was still stupid but they dialed back the fake drama a lottt. I hate watched the gently caress out of Heroes of Cosplay.

I didn't watch the first episode yet but Cosplay Melee looks way better, I have at least 3-4 friends who are competing on it. I myself am far too slow for speed challenges on TV haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

VendaGoat posted:

Oh god, it did? :barf:

You'll like Cosplay Melee, it's all the fun, none of the drama. This version of the show understands they are dealing with pure creatives. A demographic that, folks let's be honest, can have a rather bad reaction to harsh criticism.

I'm glad they did their due diligence and are giving their audience what they desire.

Season 2 dialed back the super competition heavy fake drama and "THIS CONTEST COULD KICKSTART MY CAREEEEER" a lot, it's not terrible. Just still prettttttty fake hahha.

I watched Cosplay Melee last night and I did really like it! I'd way rather watch people build poo poo. The costumes turned out super good, especially for how fast they had to turn them over, I'm so crappy at fast building.

Syncope posted:

I thought it was good. More of a Chopped competition so each episode is self contained. I don't know if I want more season long competitions....Steampunk'd was a drat dumpster fire.

Let us know which are your friends so we can silently curse the others from the comfort of our own homes.

The people I remember for sure are Becka Noel, Dhareza Maramis, and Lisa Rosenberg--I feel like I'm forgetting people but I can't seem to find a full list of competitors

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

El Estrago Bonito posted:

That's just an issue with costuming in general. I remember reading a thing written by some prop guy who worked on LotR and they talked about how when they were building all the Rohirim costumes they basically sent all the extras out to go roll around in fields and play football just to make them look lived in and worn. But he also ruined my dreams when he revealed that most of the non hero prop chainmail was made from rings of PVC pipe.

If you had ever worn actual chainmail, this would delight you.

McPantserton has a new favorite as of 16:58 on Apr 4, 2017

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

I got to see her in person at c2e2, her poo poo is gorgeous. Super glad she won the Crown Championships this year.

As for me, I finished a thing!

Fallout cage armor, photo by my buddy Nude Carbon Studios

edit. PS THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH COSPLAY but I just bought a house and I'll have an actual workshop and I am low key losing my poo poo with excitement YAY

McPantserton has a new favorite as of 19:34 on Apr 28, 2017

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

The hell are you talking about, that's all about cosplay. Now you can start going crazy with the costumes, maybe break out into metalworking :kheldragar:

I wish I had a workshop that was more comprehensive than a hastily banged together particle board desk.

I've been working off a piece of MDF on the floor of my living room for the last 6 years or so. I am so loving excited to have things like tables and work benches.

My actual shop setup until now:

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

jmistajay posted:

I am terrified by the idea that McPantserton might not currently be "going crazy with the costumes."

Bahahahhaaaaa

ThatSlacker posted:

The fact that you've created the amazing things that you have with that small of a workspace is damned impressive.

Congrats on the house!

Aaaa thank you and thank youuuu :D I am REALLY loving EXCITED. We're going to have space to close off our workshop so we can get cats. Aaaaaaaaaaa :woop:

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Kwyndig posted:

Does this mean you'll start doing cat cosplay?

My pets are going to hate me so much. I also already have a turtle who I have meant to make a little A'tuin outfit for...

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Hremsfeld posted:

(Your stuff's great! The fact that you made it all without a dedicated workshop is pretty amazing.)

11/10 this is the best post on the entire forums

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

RareAcumen posted:

x

Someone from something in Warhammer. I'm sorry, I don't know what character she's supposed to be specifically.

Cosplayer is Narga and Aoki and the character is a howling banshee, it's an eldar troop.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

TunaSpleen posted:

Thrall won best in show

Hilariously enough, I got curbstomped by the original builder behind the design for Thrall here at the last big contest I competed in. He took home I think like $6k and I got a medal, haha. He documented his build super well and this isn't the first other attempt at following it I've seen so I'm looking forward to having my face rubbed in my defeat for years to come. :v: (Not actually bitter, he's obviously crazy good) (Backstage cosplay drama gets pretty loving intense though for real)

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Hahaha love it, I did some Hellsing this year myself

Sadly am on cosplay hiatus for the moment though, I managed to slip and fall down my basement stairs and break my leg :downs:
I guess my ankle is cosplaying as a Terminator? or something?

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So drag your broken leg behind you and go as a half-frozen T-1000! God, it's like you're not even trying! :rolleyes:.

Get well soon. :ohdear:

I am legit annoyed I broke it too close to GenCon to build some kind of box costume for my wheelchair. Busted on Sunday, surgery Monday, hospital release Tuesday, GenCon Wednesday :downsgun:
At least I got to jump to the front of a bunch of lines....?

and thanks xD

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A goon unprotected in they own stairs ... a shameful goon

No but really that sucks :ohdear:

The aftercare nurse asked me if I had stairs in my house and I snorted.

Thanks guys, I'm doing mostly? well? poo poo hurts like a bitch and I really hate being laid up but at least my staircase is carpeted. I only hurt my leg/feet because I landed on them with the rest of my body, I didn't even have bruises anywhere else. Easily could have broken my neck or worse, my arms :gonk: At least now I can cross stitch and paint minis and poo poo. And the rest of my house is 1 story so I can get everywhere pretty easily.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Oh we've got a lot of Pickle Ricks

Remember how last year Halloween was overrun with Harley Quinns? It looks like it'll be all Pickle Ricks this year.
I'm so excited to be one of the many Pickle
Ricks this year.

Not much of a cosplay but I got sick of bashing my non-broken ankle on stuff so I built myself some worbla armor.

Actually amazing cosplay:

I don't personally know Zelda there but her page is called Atelier Heidi. Link is my lovely Malindachan and Gannondorf there is her husband the excellent Ex-Shadow

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Holy poo poo this guy made a Garthim from The Dark Crystal

WIP shots:

More photos: http://www.insgrum.com/user/ryan.wells.88/319793512/1293034174584671447_319793512

He also made a Starship Troopers bug that I love

He's Cosplay of Ryan Wells on facebook

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Morty decided to be Gudetama this year

And Tenzin was A'Tuin. He was extremely displeased with this costume so he wore it for about 30 seconds before we took it off again. Sorry, pal.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Wow well that was a lot, here is my cat cosplaying as an additional pylon

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Samizdata posted:

You must construct additional pylons.

Oh there's another one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU