Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
That's a great Op.

Some of my favorite Cosplayers.
Byndo Gehk

KayBear Cosplay

Maul Cosplay

Moderately Okay Cosplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Are we allowed to share our own cosplays? If so I'd like to show off some of my costumes.

Yes, of course you can.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

"Oh you know, they're just little hell raisers. "

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

duz posted:

You can make anything sexy if you try, even the yip yip aliens from Sesame Street.

AHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHA!

RareAcumen posted:

Soldier 76 from Overwatch

BWHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA!

And now for something completely different.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Seen her, follow her.

Look for the close up pictures. It's such a simple technique that produces such wonderful results.

Love it.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

:shrug: I find creatives attractive.

Sue me.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Pastry Mistakes posted:

Can't follow someone without a name posted

Google Image search is a thing.

If you cared enough, you could find out what her cosplay persona is.

Do your due diligence.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

Ooooooor you could stop being obtuse and give credit where credit is due.

Edit: Yes I realize that Say Nothing posted it originally.

I Don't know and I have no opinion.

:v:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

Edit: Yes I realize that Say Nothing posted it originally.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Some real Jealous Judys in this thread.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

Are you making fun of the green space dorito?

Hint of lime Tostitos.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Cosplay Melee on SyFy

Think it'll suck?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

SyFy already did a full 'reality TV' series on cosplay before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9kyaT6XkQY

.... which wasn't great. Their movie costume special effects show Face Off is much more successful and it looks like Cosplay Melee is based pretty closely on that format so hopefully it'll work better.

Are the costumes in Cosplay Melee actually based on anything or are they new creations? I didn't recognise anything in the trailer.

Oh god, I remember hero's of cosplay. I could not stand the forced drama. I knew that show wouldn't make it past season one.

Face off I still watch and really enjoy it. This season, with the previous artists on, has been a entertaining watch. Despite Glen Hentrick being a fat blob of a judge. Ve and Neville make up for him in a big way.

As for the cosplays. Yah it will probably all be new creations, unless they get a license for a specific character. Main stream television and copyrighted characters would be no bueno for SyFy. And let's be honest, anyone who has seen a SyFy original movie knows this station doesn't have the coin for anything mainstream.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

2B...

... Or not 2B.

What are they doing in a Sugar Mill?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

As impressive as that cosplay is, Kantai Collection is garbage trash for hell weaboos

I'm guessing there should be a "Sproing" soon.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

I don't know what this is supposed to mean so I hope you get banned

Rude.

It's a reverse this.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
For the people from the last thread. The Supreme Court rendered its verdict on the cheerleading uniforms.

And if I am reading this correctly, the court didn't even want to loving touch the question of "What makes a cheerleader", they simply rendered a verdict on the design copyrights involved with production of clothing.

If I understand this correctly, you're safe to reproduce a cosplay of character, if and only if, you use design factors of your own. If you use even one already copyrighted item, the moment you attach it to the cosplay, it satisfies the test of copyright design.

In much easier to digest terms. If you take a polo shirt and sew a alligator, of your own design on it, you're fine. If you actually get an izod logo , which is a perfectly copyrighted design, and attach it to a polo, you're hosed.

The language that was used;

quote:

Even if respondents ultimately succeed in estab-
lishing a valid copyright in the surface decorations at
issue here, respondents have no right to prohibit any
person from manufacturing a cheerleading uniform of
identical shape, cut, and dimensions to the ones on which
the decorations in this case appear. They may prohibit
only the reproduction of the surface designs in any tangi-
ble medium of expression—a uniform or otherwise.

So grats Cosplayers! You actually have the right to continue to reproduce the work we all love. :)

VVV I also enjoyed it.

VendaGoat has a new favorite as of 21:42 on Mar 22, 2017

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

McPantserton posted:

It totally did have a 2nd season though, it was still stupid but they dialed back the fake drama a lottt. I hate watched the gently caress out of Heroes of Cosplay.

I didn't watch the first episode yet but Cosplay Melee looks way better, I have at least 3-4 friends who are competing on it. I myself am far too slow for speed challenges on TV haha.

Oh god, it did? :barf:

You'll like Cosplay Melee, it's all the fun, none of the drama. This version of the show understands they are dealing with pure creatives. A demographic that, folks let's be honest, can have a rather bad reaction to harsh criticism.

I'm glad they did their due diligence and are giving their audience what they desire.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Wow. That's loving good!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Wilford Cutlery posted:

I'm wondering if that camera footage was shot by a drone/quadcopter/etc.

Small handheld steady cam rig. I've seen them in the field a number of times.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

loving :lol:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

10 Beers posted:

I will not go.

Turn the lights off.

VVV :golfclap:

VendaGoat has a new favorite as of 19:51 on Mar 24, 2017

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

The Jared is cool. Wish I had the package for it.

The original costume is on display at the museum of pop culture in Seattle and they made sure to preserve the package, for all to see.

Edit: Found the picture

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Retro Futurist posted:

From a local con

Is that loving Jason Sudeikis?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Snatch Duster is allowed to make Snatch Duster posts in this thread if, but only if, other posters are being creepy.

So here's your reminder:

Oh hell. So you are saying, unless one of us decides to go against the first rule of the cosplay thread, snatch duster is not allowed to make a "Snatch duster" type post?

In effect, this thread is off limits to the snatch duster, unless we invite him/her in, by being like him/her.

Oh look, a too-can.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That's the plan. I have faith in you.

In me specifically or the thread at large? Because.....*Phew* that's a loving statement.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

in a splendid display of irony, Snatch Duster is all that stands between this thread and the gas chamber

An it harm none, do what thou will.

VendaGoat has a new favorite as of 02:53 on Mar 27, 2017

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Some cereal cosplay costumes are pretty freaky

I know this dude in real life. Unfortunately he hasn't compartmentalized his cosplay from his personal facebook.

Needless to say, his large cosplays are wonderful.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Paladinus posted:

Who is Bannon then?

A terrible human being.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I bring you a photo from the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU