Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Seltzer posted:

So NYCFC fans got arrested for attempting to steal seats from the Orlando stadium and assaulting an officer.

Who does he think he is, an Orlando City fan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

highme posted:

They should yell, "You suck! rear end in a top hat!" It has a nice cadence.

It sounds like a twelve year old saying his first bad word

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Philly gets a road point

:toot:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Philly gets a road point

Like I said on the last day of the off-season thread, I really hope Vancouver can sign a playmaking mid and, say, McInerney to back up Montero, because on last night's evidence this is going to be a long goddamn season and for all JackMac has been a disappointment in the past few years he literally cannot be worse than Hurtado, who is rapidly replacing Atiba Harris as the All-Time Whitecaps Player I Most Want To See Shot Into The Sun.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Philly gets a road point

No one mentioned it, but mother loving Oguchi Onyewu played in for Philly yesterday! What a blast from the past.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Zero One posted:

Kaka out six weeks.

Well at least he won't have to put any effort into this season for a while

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
We're still waiting for comment from D.C. as to their opinion on credentialed supporters punching women. It's of great interest to the rest of us at the moment.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Your Boy Fancy posted:

We're still waiting for comment from D.C. as to their opinion on credentialed supporters punching women. It's of great interest to the rest of us at the moment.

Is this not what you are looking for https://www.washingtonian.com/2017/03/06/how-to-be-a-dc-united-fan/

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Did someone get punched at the game, or...?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

I love explain-RFK-to-yuppies articles

camoseven posted:

Did someone get punched at the game, or...?

A woman was assaulted in the parking lot by a credentialed supporter for not giving back a flag. You know. $3 worth of vinyl and PVC.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Your Boy Fancy posted:

A woman was assaulted in the parking lot by a credentialed supporter for not giving back a flag. You know. $3 worth of vinyl and PVC.

hahaha loving hell

also. what the gently caress is a credentialed supporter?

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

The time period between week 1 and week 2, also known as the only time each year that I enjoy reading power rankings articles.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Your Boy Fancy posted:

lmao I love my dead gay team

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Absolutely disgusting. I hope they pull that supporter's credentials.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

JFairfax posted:

hahaha loving hell

they give people badges so they feel more self-important at games

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
I'm guessing it's someone who is a paid member of a supporters' group.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

JFairfax posted:

hahaha loving hell

The various leaders of the groups who have field level access to grab stuff and enter/leave as needed. Usually given to long timers and service oriented folks. Not lady punchers.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

The Light Eternal posted:

I'm guessing it's someone who is a paid member of a supporters' group.

George Soros is probably behind this.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-soccer/19/blog/post/3073497/2017-mls-anonymous-player-survey

Anonymous player survey. Most overrated player - Mix Diskerud. Who crosses the line the most - Alonso #1 Felipe #2.

quote:

Felipe Martins. He just winds people up. He's an agitator. He does a lot of things that aren't punishable by referee standards, but if people found out they wouldn't be impressed.

This is awesome

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Seltzer posted:

http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-soccer/19/blog/post/3073497/2017-mls-anonymous-player-survey

Anonymous player survey. Most overrated player - Mix Diskerud. Who crosses the line the most - Alonso #1 Felipe #2.

This is awesome

Vindication! I've been whining about Alonso getting away with so much poo poo for so long. Personally, I feel the guy does enough underhanded poo poo to average about 2 yellows a game. It's nice to know the players feel the same.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Vindication! I've been whining about Alonso getting away with so much poo poo for so long. Personally, I feel the guy does enough underhanded poo poo to average about 2 yellows a game. It's nice to know the players feel the same.

You and literally everyone else who watches MLS, congratulations.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Shrapnig posted:

You and literally everyone else who watches MLS, congratulations.

Battling Seattle homers in denial has skewed my perception of what the rest of the league believes I will admit.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I agree with you. On the other hand, he plays for the team I like, so it owns.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

DR AIDS posted:

Oh yeah, I'm not under any illusions about him, he knows his role is to go right up to that line and see what he can get away with.

He's no leg snapper, but I can see why players would be annoyed with him. He's also perhaps the best defensive mid in MLS and is way more than a tactical fouler, the dude can really lock the field down. So yeah he owns, but I'm sure I'd hate him if he were on any other team.

poo poo, I think I've written almost this same schpiel about Richard Sherman. Hmm.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

DR AIDS posted:

Ozzy Rulez

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Reports have the Galaxy offering $Texas for Zlatan.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

And I thought my utter hatred of the Galaxy had peaked with De Jong

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
On current form, he actually looks like he'll renew at United so this probably won't happen, but the Galaxy have been mediocre enough (by their standards) lately that it's almost hard to hate them these days.

We can't be having that, can we? So, fine, Zlatan. Make the Galaxy Hated Again.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Speaking of making the Galaxy hateable again (which is impossible because they were never un-hated), Jermaine Jones and Dave Romney both suspended by DisCo for dangerous tackle/simulation, respectively.

HAW-HAW!

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Vytas, Ridgewell, and Powell all had to leave training with minor injuries today so uh, the Timbers defense on Sunday could be very interesting.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

ShutteredIn posted:

Vytas, Ridgewell, and Powell all had to leave training with minor injuries today so uh, the Timbers defense on Sunday could be very interesting.

Any advantage we can get at this point is awesome because I'm pretty sure Garcia is starting again.

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Any advantage we can get at this point is awesome because I'm pretty sure Garcia is starting again.

I am predicting goals.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
This will be my last plug for the 2017 MLS Goon Fantasy League! They did a new "opening week challenge" this year, and I'm pretty sure all the scores and standings are going to reset for week 2, so it's still the perfect time to join! Pick your players, change them every week, and be an idiot like me who loses to the average!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/NERevolution/status/840203317242449920

Guess this means we won't have any woefully underdressed Lions fans dying from exposure then.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

We need to move to a European schedule!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
"Extreme weather" lmao, there's like 2 inches of snow on the ground for fucks sake.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
This part of the country gets more pissy about snow every year it seems, shameful.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Gigi Galli posted:

This part of the country gets more pissy about snow every year it seems, shameful.

SAD

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

luckily it's an issue that will solve itself over time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

"Extreme weather" lmao, there's like 2 inches of snow on the ground for fucks sake.

Is it the snow or the cold that's supposed to be the problem? (also I look forward to seeing Minnesota's home opener, why the hell did they put it in March?)

• Locked thread